What a Jerk or am I over reacting?

GoldenMotor.com

Robertriley

Apr 25, 2011
Southern California
I just checked my listing and it is double what his Yale bike is at and it's been less than 24 hours. His has been up for 2 and a half days. I feel better now. :) I just hope it hits the reserve of $2800, about $1000 less than I have in it. But, I got at least my $1000 of attention out of it. One guy was checking it out and lightly bumped the car in front of him. That was great, no damage.

thegnu

Sep 15, 2011
freedom pa
it comes down to this , quality an acuracy to the period an style of bike ,I looked at both an personally love the board trackers both are beautiful machines but ... if I want a correct looking peice ROBERT you have the bike for me ! let him be .

Last edited:

Russell

Apr 19, 2009
MA
Dice,
Thumbs Up!

Also agree his bike is really nice but not in the same class.

Ihate selling stuff on the internet , people ask you the stupidist questions .

I have a snowblower up for sale , the guy calls me , asks me a few nomal questions ,
then asks me ( well can you tell me a little about its history )
I,m thinkin to myself ... what the **** ?
so i tell the guy ( well , i think theres a history of cancer on its mothers side )
and he's like what ?

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
He has a nice looking bike but if he thinks for a minute that he's going to fool the pro's he better roll a fat one and get another beer.
Only the most amature of buyers would buy it and when they found out how badly they had been done over they will be on his case and worst of all e-bays who will take care of him.

As we would say here in Canada,"What a hoser".

Steve.

dakota47l1

Oct 2, 2011
st louis mo.
i just sent him a mesage here is what i wrote:D

nice looking bike but hardly a piece of history with a $150 china motor.i know people that build these,for alot less.why didn't you put a morini in it????
here is what he wrote back...what a nice guy.

Dear dakota47l,

hey einstein,im not talking about my bike,"a real 1914 yale" in a museum! learn to read!!! and another thing,
" you will not find a bike this nice for under $2,000!!!" by the way a "morini"****bolony****please!!!!1

Robertriley

Apr 25, 2011
Southern California
I did tell him good luck with his auction and he wrote me back today saying good luck back. Then sent me the same thing as he sent you. "hey einstein, I was not talking about my bike rare,i was talking about a "real" 1914 yale motorbike !!!! and if you knew how to read, you would have seen"all metal" even the tank, "not fiberglass"!! you will not find a bike this nice for under $2000.00,please!!!!!p.s.wrong "era"of gas tank on the ground in your pics!!" The gas tank in my pics is from the 40's. He does have a good eye. lol. I see that he is cut and pasting to comebacks. He must of ad a lot of us asking him questions. I know of someone else that also emailed him. By the way, if you are calling someone Einstein, shouldn't you at least capitalize it???

rustycase

Gutter Rider
May 26, 2011
Left coast
LOL

I had lots of fun, years back, when I was in sales...

Gubment said we had to have a license, finger printed and all that stuff with a background check... to sell USED CARS! lol
I had the most fun selling the cheapest, down and dirty, bottom of the barrel, what-you-see-is-what-you-get cars !

and some folks would come up with their list of Ann Landers/Heloise prepared questions after finding a car they liked on the lot.... "And why are you selling the car?" lol
"Well, we are in this business for a profit." lol

Then some others were REALLY wild...
We determined many people should have a license to go out in public!

Do your best to ignore adversity and move on quickly to something more beneficial.

Best
rc

Helmutt Cycles

Nov 27, 2009
PHX. AZ
I sent him this:

I'm not sure how rare your bike is with that motor and I'm not too sure how many museums have $150 china motors on their bikes. What is your tank made of? Is it fiberglass? If it is, I don’t think that many bikes of the era your bike depicting had fiberglass gas tanks. I also think the plastic pedals and reflectors are a good touch. I almost purchased the identical bike you are selling but at Deuce Custom Bicycles for $1800. They build them anyway you want them.
I've been reading all this,an its all pretty funny stuff.
Bottom Line The Sportsmen flyer is a fine bike..
an as Much as I know where the first Broad Tracker replica Bikes introduced 2005 came from. Since that Moment in time "Sportsmen Pat" has done serious justice to this wave of drop loops
fact even though I design the orginal Whizzer Powered Xcelsior.
i Like the Sportmen Better.. So the next Wave had to Happen if I was going to remotely stay In the running..

Oh the Memorys..The Xcelsior from 2005 to 2008
Only 67 Built..

Attachments

Last edited:

Robertriley

Apr 25, 2011
Southern California
I've seen these pop up on ebay from time to time. They are very nice! What did they cost? Back to Cory from ebay. He sent me a nice message the other day and even offered me a drink if I ever make it out that way. Well...I guess neither of us are jerks. :)

motorhedfred

Jul 31, 2009
United States
I think the guy was just trying to draw you into a pissing contest. Probably has read a lot and done little.......has a shelf full of "collectable action figures" above his bed....LOL

MHF

HARDCORE1

Apr 18, 2012
VA.
Hello,why dont you tell the real story how you hate people using quote "china motors"!!!! And for your info,you can check me out featured in the new vtwin magazine may issue and see just one of my "real builds" as far as the bikes and frames from sportsman flyer,i think they build beautiful work of art bikes.and again,tell the truth,i never said my bike was in a museum! We build board track replicas that people can afford and be proud of! I have been custom building bikes for over twenty years and have always delt with loud mouths like you that think they know everything!!!!!!!! P.s. My email is [email protected]

Robertriley

Apr 25, 2011
Southern California
Cory and I are totally cool now. We can chalk it up as a misunderstanding. I have shared pics of things Dan has been working on and he liked it. Thanks for the support but, It's all water under the bridge.