BMX Project 2

GoldenMotor.com

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
Oh man you get all that tight space to work you will have a very light a zippie bike for sure.
I think this is the first I have seen of a bike on this scale very cool. Keep us posted!(^)

With a J shaft this rocks!!

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
Its still in the proving grounds, but yeah its working. Documentation on it is in the Morini section.

Phildo looking forward to seeing this run! Your the man! You know there is a slant head version of cylinder heads out there that provide better frame clearance for a spark plug? Thought I would mention it in case ya did not know? That bike is gonna prolly do wheelies! Love that thing
__________________dnut

Phildo

Mar 28, 2010
New Zealand
Alrighty, finished up a while ago but have been tweaking since. Have another 6 hour endurance Mopedathon coming up so need to do some performance improvements...

Also upgraded to a 3 speed hub. Although at this stage the 3rd (high) gear is not working. Will have to sort that out before the next race.

Its been up to 73kph with the rider in safety jandals and shorts. A little bit scary but thats just what we do here in NZ.

Controls take a little bit of practice with brake/clutch/twist gear on the left and brake/accel/kill switch on the right.

Attachments

Phildo

Mar 28, 2010
New Zealand
...and a few more pics.

Got a slant plug head on the way, apparently they are higher compression??..

Will also cut up the exhaust and make adjustable for length leading to expansion chamber (kinda like a trombone).

Me and a couple of guys are going to build an inertial dyno for better tuning.

Other than that ill just align the bearings, make everything spin nicely, and hopefully get it tuned well.

any other sweet ideas for improved performance?

Attachments

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
That thing would absolutely be a kids dream bike. Thats pretty wild you got that all to fit expansion chamber and all! I like it very cool!(^)dnut

Texhun

Aug 2, 2011
Rosebud Texas
You what's different between men and boys? The price of there toys.
laff Dude that thing is beyond amazing all I can say is WOW!!! Great building skills have never ceased to amaze me.

Phildo

Mar 28, 2010
New Zealand
got a bit of a sore arse. surprisingly had no problems with the engine or drive train over the 6 hours. came off once just after a bit of rain. it hurt (combined with the hangover at the time...) next one coming up in November. some guy has built his own roots supercharger to go on his water cooled 4 stroke 50cc. crazy.

gonna build a inertial dyno to see what power all the scooters are putting out. will see what this chinese engine puts out too.