I vote for my bikes!!!

GoldenMotor.com

CrankyPoodler

Aug 5, 2009
Tucson, Arizona
Liking the look of the bikes a lot! The construction seems superb and keep a nice profile. Good craftsmanship. :)

To the one on the right:

1) I adore the red tires and the sweet rims!
2) Do the long chains have any impact on performance (for the engine AND your legs)?
3) That being said, the picture here makes it look like the pedal chain is, uh, going into the engine somehow? o_O
4) Did you infuse this bike with "The Force"? Because I don't see a kickstand anywhere on it.
5) The silver color throughout is VERY classy!
6) Where are the brakes!? O_O

To the one on the left:

1) It probably doesn't feel too good not having any padding on that metal seat, right?
2) With the pedal configuration the way you have it (hooked right up to the engine) are you, in essence, "kick-starting" the engine?
3) Is that a disc brake system on the front of it?
4) Not seeing any wiring or exhaust... is the bike not finished?
5) In regards to number 2) and assuming an answer of "yes", the chain apparently goes around the bottom tube of the bike, and into the opposite side of the engine where the chain normally enters/exits. How did you work this out!?

I look forward to checking out your reply. Once again, keep up the good work!

---Lewk

Sep 13, 2009
Bend
I live in Bend Oregon, I have a business there called DUNDOM'S CUSTOM CRUISERS. I make custom cruisers and motorized bikes. The red one I ride everyday. The other one is almost finished. I do alot of things custom and everything different than everyone else. If you search dundoms custom cruisers on myspace.com you can see more pics and projects. The chains are one of the ways I attach an engine to a unlikely frame. And yes I use the force on all my bikes.

Sep 13, 2009
Bend
And lewk, I know you probably dont like myspace, either do I. But its the only way I can show pics until I find out how to have my own website. After you go there and check out pics you can email me [email protected], and I will answer any other questions you might have. I dont like giving out trade secrets to the open public, but you being a jedi and everything,ill make an exception.I dont like kickstands and I dont like reflectors. If you buy a frame with a large top tube, like a felt frame, you can cut out the top tube and weld in plates, a petcock and gas cap,then you weld it back in place and fill.This will save you alot of $ and boost DIY skills. I think the gas tanks that come with the kit suck and also suck. So ive come up with some different ideas that look cooler.You can put ammo boxes on your top tube, one on each side, and use plastic scooter gastanks from a scooter parts store,to put inside the ammo boxes and run the fuel lines to your carb.Or you can use air tanks or paintball tanks or nos tanks and a tap and dye set to make cool tanks. If you want to run fat tires you can find a rim thats setup for disc brakes,take off the disc brake and install your back gear to that,this give you room for fatties. I use brake levers instead of gay plastic throttles. I make my own toggle switches to eliminate wiring. I also drill holes in my frames to run cables and wires inside.I am the original maker of spiked pedals and rims. I also started making very custom frames just for motorized bikes.If something bugs you or you dont like the way it looks,let me know.I run out of a double car garage for now, but I let my work speak for itself.So please check out more pics on myspace.com, just search dundoms custom cruisers. Thanx

Attachments

Last edited:

CrankyPoodler

Aug 5, 2009
Tucson, Arizona
Thanks! I'll be checking out your shtuff.

And I, of course, knew it was The Force just by looking - I know it when I see it. :p

I've been really looking into better gas tank ideas and have been really interested in the in-frame style. Looks 426,983 times better and seems more efficient. Good ideas with the ammo boxes, too! Although with the couple that my roomie has in storage, I'm planning on making them into side compartments for the "new" rear end I just put on. CO2 paintball tanks would be sweet, just don't know how I could easily fill them up and/or keep the tank vented... I'm sure if I experimented more I could figger somethin out.

Gotta get a new frame if I want fatties, though. Or I suppose I could widen the rear end myself, but that takes work. :p

Interesting idea subbing a lever for the twist throttle... I myself like the twist style but everything's a matter of preference. Plus, I haven't ridden a bike with a lever-controlled throttle yet, so I dunno...

The look of everything is very sleek and classy! Very innovative builds and ideas (especially with running the wires inside the bike itself and using toggles - next gen MBs?).

Sep 13, 2009
Bend
I dont know everything,tech talk and all that,and when I first started making bikes I didnt want to tell anyone anything. Then I saw guys trying to make money off of everything,like frames you put gas in and etc.I dont want to be a guy like that. I think I am going to start showing pics of things ive done,that way people can get ideas and etc.Most of the things I do stem from the low quality kits and parts and the way things look.I dont like how the back sprocket looks and installs,so I bored out and drilled one so it would fit perfectly on a rear disc brake hub.You can drill a hole in a air tank or etc, a little smaller than the fuel shut off valve and use a tap and dye kit to make threads so it will fit.I put one on a guys bike that he can take on and off,I used a big tank,it looks like a missle hanging down or an old school track racer.Most my bikes I dont pedal at all.Thats why on the latest one I made the pedals both flat.The metal seat is comfy.The bike with red tires is coaster brakes the other one is disc.I took off the kickstand to save weight and looks.Its hard to do stuff yourself sometimes but I like to experiment and I dont have much money to buy everything.I end up buying tools and try doing things myself.I spend the most time thinking about how things will work and look.I like some vintage seats that are out there but they cost around 200$I found some from ms rideable bicycles,they make old school replica seats that are awesome and cost around 30$Sometimes just flipping your handlebars over will make your bikes look alot better.I dont use chain guards or fenders because they make alot of noise and come loose, get in the way etc.I powdercoat with a machine from harbour freight 150$ and a cooking oven I got for free from craigslist.I weld with a 200$ welder.

Attachments

northwest choppers

Sep 21, 2009
vancouver Wa
I dig em....... I see vision..and artistic abilty... this will be a great builder with new ideas that are NOT the norm. I for one look forward to seeing more of his work.
Northwest choppers.

noco

Sep 9, 2009
fort collins colorado
it looks like the crank chain is dragging on the frame and engine on the silver mustang chopper...i was just thinking about how to mount a motor on that frame i got one idea to add an idler pully on that chain or try to put the motor slightly more forward up into the high part of the frame...what do you think???i do dig the spiked wheels...that was a cool idea