50s style first build..

GoldenMotor.com

NEAT TIMES

May 28, 2008
PENSACOLA, FL
LEADED50

Thanks, have it all straight now. The rear wheel starts the motor by pedaling and the large pulley/sprocket stays pinned/locked, for starting and motor powered travel.

Only unlock pulley for pedaling only. Must stay locked for motor use.

Am sure your extra explaining will help many members.

Thanks again.

Ron

leaded50

Oct 29, 2011
Norway
OK Curt, enjoy everyone! Most technology is already made...its just to find it, and to find the way you want, and can use it........ Keep up,everyone!

curtisfox

Dec 29, 2008
minesota
I think you could make one yourself. Staton inc. has left or right freewheel sprokets and I think the rest could be scrounged or made..............Curt

leaded50

Oct 29, 2011
Norway
Some time gone.....but now the engine purrs like a kitten! Last pats ( new flywheel) came in mail! The engine (AML) from the 50s was delivered with wrong flywheel, a electronic ignition one from a Peugeot......wrong type! No wonder why the ignition didnt get function,whatever!!! Searched around, and suddenly got the point type flywheel from generationcycle in US!! If it was original, nobody know, but it got the right dimensions, all over! And it was one of the only companies who did searched, measured, and gave replyes on my questions, right away! Thanks! Now it run again!!!

leaded50

Oct 29, 2011
Norway
Tinsmith, Patience? well, i dont think all companies would agree....more like, what a f**** for a customer, dont answer him anymore.....it cost more in research, than price on the sale... But i found it! Such could be than you are in the need for an parts made 50y. ago not made in big numbers.... lucky! At least i didnt need to find another engine, and the original idea could be kept, by using a vintage one, for the terms of use in my country...