I could get it and the screw didn' t fall
Engine has pore power, but noise is intolerable
Hope to reinstall it later
Peace

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
Yes... they do get a lot more power when you unblock the exaust!
A good compromise is to drill a few 3/8" holes into the end of the pipe & through the baffles. (a little more noise, a little more power!!!)
Just find a good noise to power balance that you're willing to live with. (^) :ride2:

Norman

LORD VADER Moderator
Jan 16, 2008
pampa texas
noise will get the neighbors mad at you and kill the motor assisted bike thing but that is up to you. I know in Ca. the leaf blowers are something that people really hate wakes them up in the morning.
You boys and girls that like loud things need to consider the neighbors and who you are making mad, they might be the lawmakers and will outlaw your bike with an engine I'm sure its coming.

Easy Rider

Santa Cruz Scooter Works
Jan 15, 2008
Nor*Cal
Good point Norman. When I go for a ride, I always pedal my bicycle out of my neighborhood until I hit the main street.

velardejose

Sep 9, 2008
Lima, Peru
Good point Norman. When I go for a ride, I always pedal my bicycle out of my neighborhood until I hit the main street.
Me too
I reinstalled the muffler internals as it comes from the factory
I was tempted to open the tube but the noise thing and how much power would I gain made me leave it alone
Peace
PD It is better to get grins from your neighborhoods, not angry looking faces...
:bike2:

ebmvegan

Jul 15, 2008
OC, Ca
Cut the tube that is welded to the muffler end cover. The noise doesn't increase a whole lot, but you'll notice some power gain.