More action at the Adams Ave donut shop

GoldenMotor.com

msrfan

Sep 17, 2010
Southern California
The owner said it is a Kohler 4hp motor. The rear section is a mountain bike and the rest is homemade from tubing. He has it geared for about 75mph, so I advised him to change some sprockets around for about a 9 or 10 to 1 overall ratio. The tank is composite (he's an aircraft builder), and the jackshaft is a bottom bracket from another bike. I told him us forum members would like to see a thread on the build so we can track his progress.

harry76

Apr 16, 2011
Brisbane, Australia
I really really like that guys bike, so i hope he starts a thread..... would a bottom bracket be strong enough for a jackshaft? Or the bearings up for the job?

Your bikes on diplay look great too msrfan. Very very cool

msrfan

Sep 17, 2010
Southern California
Thanks harry, I wish your bikes were there with them. I would not use the pedal crank bearings for a jackshaft. They may be strong enough, but they're not sealed, they have to be greased, adjusted just right and probably often. The hanger will hold up fine but is an odd inside diameter and would need to be bushed down to a common bearing. Your experience with machinists suggests you may be better off using readily available common size tubing. Odd bearings exist but are usually cost prohibitive.
I'll check on that guys bike a couple times a month to see his progress.

rustycase

Gutter Rider
May 26, 2011
Left coast
WoW !

Great stuff in the BIG city!

I'd sure like to have a Ural.

The chop-top chevy van is fun, with the Casale V-drive...
Buy it now v-drive on the bay for $1,500...

lol
propeller-heads are always fun... gearing a 4hp for 75mph
lol
...w/bicycle tires and crappy brakes! :)
Wahoo!

Somehow it makes me think of that 13k mph plane they just lost over the Pacific... and a buncha propeller-heads drew a paycheck for that!
Whew!

Fun stuff!
rc

harry76

Apr 16, 2011
Brisbane, Australia
Oh how sometimes i wish i lived in America..... and this is at your local donut shop? Thats awesome. Are most of those things driven there? Our laws suck here (australia). Way too strict for cars, bikes and motorized bikes........ Oh BTW Im loving those gassers

Samford&Son

Apr 26, 2011
Riverside, Ca
HEY GRAMPS!!! i think its about time to invest in some "Donut Derelict" shirts. We've been going there for so many years, might as well advertise. It would be cool if our little MB Gang wore them to the show every saturday. Maybe get our picture up on the wall or something. =)