Finally satisfied after several modifications

GoldenMotor.com

mainstreet

Aug 16, 2011
Georgia
Howdy ya'll! I think I finally finished my build after a year of fiddling around with changes. I started with a basic Huasheng kit that came with a Hoot gearbox, then added a mirror, horn, Whizzer speedometer, rear rack, etc. The Hoot gearbox worked fine, but I didn't like the whining sound it made. I just wanted to hear the motor and exhaust. After researching drive options, I bit the bullet for a Q-Matic clutch and tuned exhaust from Quenton at EZ Motorbikes. I also needed a 66 tooth sprocket, which I got from Pirate Cycles, and ditched the rag joint for a custom size sprocket adapter from Manic Mechanic. Best move I ever made! The tuned exhaust was rather loud though, so I bought a lawn mower muffler from Tractor Supply, drilled out the center baffle with a 1/2" bit, and attached it to the end of the tuned exhaustusflg with a u-bolt. Now it sounds great, and it seems to actually run better with no loss in power, and revs up a little faster.

Attachments

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
Looks good, but you might want to torque that hub adapter down more because it's slipping & hitting the spokes!

Also... You'll never be totally satisfied!, There's always more goodies out there to bolt on! laff

Last edited: