First Build 66cc cranbrook

GoldenMotor.com

biloxi2423

Jun 30, 2013
MS
Been lurking for about a week and decided today that I will order my parts for my first build sometime next week. Here is a list of things I think I will need so far..

Huffy Cranbrook $100
Motor Kit 66cc $150

Spring Loaded Tension Pulley (Idler) $20
U Bolt motor mount $10
Master link for 415 chain
Loctite $5
Gasket Maker $5
Rubbing Compound $10
Studs, Bolts, Teflon Nuts $10
Spark Plug Wire and Boot $3-5
Spark Plug $5
O ring for carb $1
OPTIONAL: CNS CARB: $70, Clutch Lever $10

Is there anything I'm missing for a successful build?

QuietRiot522

Aug 31, 2010
Rochester MN
In my opinion for what little its worth you don't really need the CNS carb maybe mine was just a gremlin from the start but i spent more time trying to get it to not leak and run correctly then riding. I have the V2 cns and it just sits in my parts box. Ive said this in another post many people run them successfully but from my experience its not worth the trouble. I got comparable performance with the standard NT carb and good reliability. Do some port matching and trim your piston skirt on the intake side. And you should have good reliable power. But don't worry about engine mods really till you get your bike running reliably.

Again I'm no expert like some forum members but these are my experiences. I built two motorized bicycles with the cns and they both were a pain in the rear. Also I personally would recommend you stay away from spring loaded tensioners there's more that could go wrong then with a properly maintained standard kit tensioner. Buy hardened nuts and bolts to replace the hardware that comes with your kit tensioner and always check it before you ride! If you want to upgrade the kit tensioner I would suggest finding a small steel sprocket from a derailleur and bolting that in place of the plastic one.

Sorry for the wall of text and pictures when your done!!! Best of luck
~Riot

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
Huffy Cranbrook $100
Motor Kit 66cc $150

OPTIONAL: CNS CARB: $70, Clutch Lever $10

Is there anything I'm missing for a successful build?
Just a couple of things missing, a good bike and motor kit.

My outside boneyard is littered with Huffy bikes with toasted back wheels so opposed to buying a decent new back wheel for $60 just buy a decent bike to start with.

As for the motor kit just buy a 2012 66cc Grubee Skyhawk for $149 DELIVERED, they don't get any better and all I'll use, and they come with the new CNS carbs, Z intake pipe, and high performance air cleaner that work great with them.

Take the $70 you were going to spend on the carb and put it to a better bike is my suggestion.

I like Macargi's, you can get a Touch for for ~$170.

Just factor in buying at least a front C brake.

Or throw a little more and get a Pantera 7SP (~$235), it comes with dual V brakes, the rear sprockets mounts like a dream and by simply moving the 7-speed shifter to the left and putting SBP dual pull brake on the right you have a solid reliable safe ride.

You asked, that is just my suggestion, take it or leave it ;-}