26 Schwinn delmar

GoldenMotor.com

rdog422

Apr 14, 2013
Troy, Alabama
here is my bike as of now. got a cheap 40$ bike from ebay, had shocks on it so I put them on my bike after some cutting .weld

the shock makes a huge difference, I really wasn't expecting much.
Check out my video for more details, and I am open to all suggestions on how to utilize every peace of the ebay bike. The vid is uploading but Ill post when I can..flg.

wing nut

Aug 9, 2012
warren p.a.
hey , the coca cola delmar !!
i have the blue version ..& i like that frame alot
my g.f. has one just like it too
it looks great

wing nut

Aug 9, 2012
warren p.a.
oh , i didnt know you were going to use a 4 stroke . do you want a kit ? or do you think a custom motor is in your future
many more ppl than me have better information on that , keep hanging around & someone will have an answer

runnermike

Nov 18, 2012
Sanford, FL
I am currently rebuilding my delmar. I just repainted it. Received my layback seat post. Waiting on handle bars and my monark forks and wheel set. Any questions ya have just let me know...Although, I am unfamiliar with 4 strokes. But, I do know this frame very well.

WightBoy

Aug 30, 2012
Michigan, USA
How is the fit of the whizzer tank? I have the same style and had to shim under the tank because my frame is too curved. Let me know what you come up with for a thread pattern for the petcock also! I had a lot of fun with my threads. I went with 1/4" npt and jb weld after taking the tank to Fastenal and stumping the manager. No leaks yet!

Last edited:

rdog422

Apr 14, 2013
Troy, Alabama
How is the fit of the whizzer tank? I have the same style and had to shim under the tank because my frame is too curved. Let me know what you come up with for a thread pattern for the petcock also! I had a lot of fun with my threads. I went with 1/4" npt and jb weld after taking the tank to Fastenal and stumping the manager. No leaks yet!
I put velcro along the tube, maybe thats all the shim it needs, cuz it fits great. In my last video Im riding it gently, but velcro is the only thing holding the tank on for now. Crazy about that fitting, thank God for Fastenal, they have everything. If i can't find a fitting for it, I guess some tube and hose clamp would work. Thanks for the heads up.

rdog422

Apr 14, 2013
Troy, Alabama
Looking at my fenders off the bike, and I think that they will fly off at 30 mph. What is a good site to find quality fenders & mounts. thanks

wing nut

Aug 9, 2012
warren p.a.
fenders are good !! its the stock tabs & rivits that will get ya
go to lowes or the like & get g8 bolts & nuts and quality corner braces or brackets

good to go