Electra Cruiser Build

GoldenMotor.com

JimSbike

Oct 11, 2012
Nor Cal
Robby,

I really liked the concept of the shift kit. The bike is scary fast with it on. The issue I ran into was with the motor sitting so low in the frame, the chain lengths, to drive the shift kit, were so short that it left no room for ANY misalignment. It just became a nightmare trying to get it adjusted properly. In hindsight I should have made a custom engine mounting plate that would have raised the motor and lengthened the chains to the jackshaft. I have put the jackshaft aside for a future build.

I have no experience with the EZM kit, though have read nothing but positive reviews about it's performance.

Jeckler

I pull an Aosom utility trailer around. I use it mainly for going grocery shopping. It pulls it great and have had no issues.

Jim

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
Beautiful color scheme! I also really like the new setup belt pully showing like that. Could you maybe try larger spacers to raise the engine? Cut a nice aluminum spacer that uses longer bolts or possibly something welded to the original motor plate?

JimSbike

Oct 11, 2012
Nor Cal
I did have the motor mounted on 1" spacers orginally, and it just wasn't enough. I believe that if I had raised it 3" it would have worked much better. Fabbing spacers that thick gets expensive! I would have been better off fabbing a custom motor mount that would have placed the motor higher in the frame.

Jim