I read a lot about.........

GoldenMotor.com

KevininPa

Mar 25, 2016
PA
.........commuters. I'm interested in how far some people commute on your moto-bikes. I'm asking because my wife and I have enjoyed the luxury of a third vehicle. Well we all know that we're going through the post recession years of an inflated economy. Those of you who lived in the '70s know what I'm talking about. Tired of supporting a vehicle that gets less than a couple thousand on it a year. So we're getting rid of it. Which will hurt because we're so used to just jumping into the extra car when one of the main ones is in the shop. I drive thirty miles one way. That's on the back roads, with one hairy stretch of state highway that I'd rather not be on with a moto- bike. Especially since it's heavily patrolled by state police as a speed trap area. Plus Pa rules are very vague pertaining to moto-bikes.

Kioshk

Oct 21, 2012
Connecticut
I commute daily, but all told, it's probably only about 20-miles round-trip with going shopping and all. I've also the luxury of living in a bicycle-friendly region. That said, there are a few highways nearby as well which have huge shoulders that I take advantage of. I'm not sure of the legality of bicycles on these, let alone motorized ones, but I think riding on the large, clean shoulders of these roads is a great deal safer than riding on the local "bicycle-friendly" ones. I also own 3 cars, but almost never use them; all my business is within easy putt-putt distance.

And speaking of putt-putts:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPpc4rY8iMI

Cylon

Jun 26, 2015
Maine
I use mine for work every day to about 6 miles. Works out fine as long as I dont hold it wide open to long when its hot out.

bluegoatwoods

Jul 29, 2012
Central Illinois
Well that Pizza Hut commercial was really something different, wasn't it? I have a pretty good memory for advertising from that era. Yet that one doesn't ring a bell at all. Maybe they hadn't expanded into my market yet. I do remember them being around as early as the early 1970s. About the same time as 'your local AMC-Jeep dealer", for instance.

But back to the main topic. I commute on my motored-bike. If it were the only two-wheeled vehicle I had, then I'd be happy to commute on it everyday. My commute is six miles, one way. I'd consider ten miles to be about my maximum. Though maybe I could tolerate a bit more if needed. And individuals will vary, of course.

But you're mention of a stretch of road that is MB unfriendly has me worried. This might not be the vehicle for you when you add this plus your fairly long commute.

KevininPa

Mar 25, 2016
PA
I envy people with short commutes. It's been over sixteen years since I drove twenty minutes or less to work.

Kioshk

Oct 21, 2012
Connecticut
I envy people with short commutes. It's been over sixteen years since I drove twenty minutes or less to work.
I've paid my dues, brother: over 25-years of commutes of over 1.5-hours ONE WAY...driving or commuter-rail. I've EARNED my 10-minute door-to-door mobo-commute!

Cylon

Jun 26, 2015
Maine
Yeah lol I love it, I live in a city so when I use my car for work it takes about 11 minutes to get there (3 miles one way) but on my motorbike I can get there in about 7 minutes because I can get around traffic on the shoulder. Not only that but my bike is faster then traffic in the city with a top speed of 43 mph.