Greetings from Kansas City, MO

GoldenMotor.com

ClassicSapp

Jan 21, 2014
KCMO
Hello all,

Born and raised from Oklahoma, although lived in KCMO now for the past couple years. Always into cars in the past, but being forced to grow up and focus my budget more towards student loans, bills, etc, I am tinkering on a smaller scale now! :) Currently messing with an old Schwinn High Plains I bought for around $40 and a chinese ebay kit for ~150. I'm sure it'll be disastrous but it at least gives me something to keep busy with while I'm not on my PS4 video gamin.

bluegoatwoods

Jul 29, 2012
Central Illinois
Welcome aboard.

It sounds like you're an automotive tinkerer. If that's the case, then your bike is not likely to be a disaster.

More likely you'll enjoy yourself.

(The bike will still frustrate and aggravate you at times. No getting away from that. But that's what makes it 'your' bike.)

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Welcome aboard. You've come to the right place for any help or advice that you might need to get that bike successfully on the road. Use the search feature or ask. There's always someone willing to offer assistance.
Good luck, have fun and ride safe.

Tom

xseler

Apr 14, 2013
OKC, OK
Howdy & welcome!!

Keeping busy while tinkering on mechanical things is much more gratifying than getting to the next level of the video game of the day. They haven't come out with the game that's got the 'wind in your face and bugs in your teeth' experience.............yet.

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
welcome to our forum. we have lots of people here with the same motorized bicycle kit you have. i was really nervous when i got my first one since i am not mechanical however when it started the first time i smiled big time, any questions just ask and we will all be glad to help you and in return you can share with us things you learn,

ClassicSapp

Jan 21, 2014
KCMO
Well, just for an update, it wasn't as disastrous as I figured it would be. As far as what I learned? Ehhh, too rich of a fuel mixture to start, given spark plug sucks, overall pretty easy process to build one of these though. Everything worked just fine for my 1st build, fired right up the first try and ran just fine.

xseler

Apr 14, 2013
OKC, OK
Well, just for an update, it wasn't as disastrous as I figured it would be. As far as what I learned? Ehhh, too rich of a fuel mixture to start, given spark plug sucks, overall pretty easy process to build one of these though. Everything worked just fine for my 1st build, fired right up the first try and ran just fine.

Don't you just love a happy ending..........errrr, beginning!!