2stroke super charger, what?

GoldenMotor.com

ProMcCown

Mar 21, 2012
California
So I was watching youtube videos and came across this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b8KKbmMtuGg

Just thinking to myself. What that even work? Would something similar to that even work on say china 2 stroke kit?

I personally am not going to try this but just wanted to see what your thoughts and ideas would be about something like this.

I'm guessing it's just a way to get you to spend your money like boost bottles.

But would a belt driven or chain driven "forced" induction system be feasible in a kit engine like ours?

GearNut

Aug 19, 2009
San Diego, Kaliforgnia
With a boatload of modifications, yes.
I imagine that you would need stronger con rod bearings, stronger con rod, reed valve intake, upgraded cylinder studs and racing clutch friction pucks.

I have seen supercharged 2 stroke jet skis, snowmobiles, outboard boat engines and diesel engines.
Why not a chinagirl?

Feasible? It would take alot more money and time than most folks would find reasonable considering that these kits are intended to be a cheap form of basic transportation.

ProMcCown

Mar 21, 2012
California
With a boatload of modifications, yes.
I imagine that you would need stronger con rod bearings, stronger con rod, reed valve intake, upgraded cylinder studs and racing clutch friction pucks.

I have seen supercharged 2 stroke jet skis, snowmobiles, outboard boat engines and diesel engines.
Why not a chinagirl?

Feasible? It would take alot more money and time than most folks would find reasonable considering that these kits are intended to be a cheap form of basic transportation.
Yeah I agree, it would be more of a race application.

I'm just wondering how something like that would be fabricated to work with a china girl and how much of an actual increase in performance it would make.

Ludwig II

Jul 17, 2012
UK
Conventional 2 strokes would get no benefit from supercharging, as the exhaust closes after the transfers. If you convert to a uniflow pattern, where the exhaust closes before the mixture is shoved into the cylinder, you stand a chance. That's how big industrial 2 strokes work.

CTripps

Aug 22, 2011
Vancouver, B.C.
I'd think that first off you'd need to lay hands on an air flow meter (like they use to check HVAC systems in homes) or rig something up, and determine how much air the motor pulls in over a measured period of time at idle, through to WOT. Once you know how many cubic feet/minute it's drawing, then you can look at a way to try an drive more air into the intake.

If you found an impeller fan or something you could pump the air in with, you might be able to power by modifying a jack shaft kit to pick up the engine's power and run the impeller/blower. (Rather than the engine chain simply turning the sprocket for the shaft kit, I see it doing the full loop to rear sprocket but passing over the sprocket for the shaft kit and then back into the engine, if you can see what I am trying to describe).

I have no idea if it would work, and it would almost definately require a reed block to get the best result otherwise you'd just blow the excess air back out on the upstrokes.

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
Technically possible but a complete waste of time and money. Even for race applications, you can build it without any forced induction and get better results for less money and MUCH less headache!
There's a reason you never see blown two strokes except on youtube. Not efficient or desirable 99.999% of the time.
Just because something CAN be done, doesn't mean it SHOULD be done.

Theon

Jan 20, 2014
FNQ Australia
A good pipe 'super charges' your motor.
And I'm not talking of the shelf.
Better off spending money on a custom built expansion chamber if you want to get the most out of a HT.