Hi new with a question??

GoldenMotor.com

Aric

Aug 8, 2013
maine
Hi my names Aric , I recently purchased a flying horse 66 cc engine an im wondering what frame size the bike has to be to mount the motor correctly.. i purchased a used diamondback wildwood probably early 90s rigid 26 inch ..trying to post a picture...thank you for any feedback

Aric

bluegoatwoods

Jul 29, 2012
Central Illinois
Welcome aboard.

In a nutshell, you want either a cruiser type bike or a simple mountain bike. (No rear suspension)

Imagine the bike that Archie Andrews or Beaver Cleaver or Richie Cunningham might have ridden. Are you old enough to even recognize those names? If not, then picture a paper boy anywhere from the 1930s to the 1960s or so. That type of bike would be today's beach cruiser. Curved tubes.

The straight tubed early, and modern, mountain bikes also work well. I don't recognize the bike that you mentioned above. But it sounds like one of these. It ought to do just fine.

Aric

Aug 8, 2013
maine
thank you!! iv never really built anything like this the kit will be here tues'day Im working on getting brakes right an the tires trued....here's a pic of the bike ..click for larger image :)

01.jpg

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
thank you!! iv never really built anything like this the kit will be here tues'day Im working on getting brakes right an the tires trued....here's a pic of the bike ..click for larger image :)

View attachment 61959
I've built that exact bike before. You should have an easy build as long as you take your time with the sprocket mount.
Be sure it's centered on the hub.
I welded the chain tensioner to the frame for security.
If you don't have access to a welder, most muffler shops will tack it to the frame for you once you get it installed.
Search "chain tensioner" for lots of info!

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
welcome to the forum. you are really gonna enjoy riding a motorized bicycle. best transportation available in my book

xseler

Apr 14, 2013
OKC, OK
Howdy & welcome!!

That bike looks perfect for almost any kind of build you're going to do.......2 cycle, 4 cycle, shifter, friction.......

Best of luck in your build!!

Aric

Aug 8, 2013
maine
shweeeet im pumped kits due to arrive tuesday the 13th.. allegedly comes with an instructional video... alot of reviews say it didnt come either way.. thank yall so very much i have both tires trued an i installed a set of linear pull brakes ..working on the right adjustments not as easy as i anticipated... i will certainly post pics of the build as i go an aill probably bug the **** out of yall with ?sss lol :) have a great night