80cc Bike Engine

GoldenMotor.com

Bobby3131960

Jul 30, 2011
Jeddo MI
Is it normal for my bike engine to make a metallic sound at idle.The bike runs great goes fast,But I was just wondering about that slight metallic sound.This
motor has the bushing on the piston wrist,Not the needle bearings,I have heard
it said that it is normal for the engine with the bushing on the wrist pin to make
this sound,Can anyone help me with this?.trk.crt.r.ly.

inked1974

Apr 11, 2011
Palo, Iowa
There is always a "tinny" kind of metalic sound that comes from the clutch gears and such being contained behind the very thin covers. I would assume that thats the sound you are hearing.

CroMagnum

Sep 2, 2011
Los Angeles
If it's kind of a rapid knocking coming from the cylinder at idle, but disappears when you rev it up, it's called "piston slap" and it's normal for two-strokes with a few miles on them.

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california
it could also be loose chunks of crap rattling around in your exhaust pipe. on one of my bikes the "catalytic converter" was disintegrating and blowing little chunks out.

most commonly, though, it's coming from the clutch. put your hand over the tear drop cover and see if it quiets it down.

if it does, you can buy dampeners from some of the vendors, or make your own from cork gasket material, or my favorite, PlastiDip spray paint. just spray it on the inside of the cover to make a nice rubbery coating.

F_Rod81

Dealer
Jan 1, 2011
Denver, CO
These are all good ideas. I used some dynamat, I cut it to the appropriate shape and stuck it on the inside of the covers. Now, the thing I hear the most is the exhaust.

Bobby3131960

Jul 30, 2011
Jeddo MI
If it's kind of a rapid knocking coming from the cylinder at idle, but disappears when you rev it up, it's called "piston slap" and it's normal for two-strokes with a few miles on them.
Thanks,I think you hit it right on the button,I am sure that is what I am hearing..duh.xct2.wee.

gemtrophies

Jun 13, 2013
boston
Hello Everybody, my name is John and I am pretty new at all this so I hope I don't sound too ignorant or step out of line as a new comer. I have recently bought two 80cc motor kits from two different sellers. One has a slant head and the other has a flat type head. Question is, is one better then the other?
Reason I am asking is, I think these are very cool and would like to offer these at my shop. I am also interested in knowing as well if any one has any tips on how to buy quantity of these. Like I said, I hope I am asking things that a expectable to ask on a forum. Thank you in advance to anyone that can help here.
Sincerely
John

Desert Rat

Jul 30, 2012
Apache Junctoin Az
Hello Everybody, my name is John and I am pretty new at all this so I hope I don't sound too ignorant or step out of line as a new comer. I have recently bought two 80cc motor kits from two different sellers. One has a slant head and the other has a flat type head. Question is, is one better then the other?
Reason I am asking is, I think these are very cool and would like to offer these at my shop. I am also interested in knowing as well if any one has any tips on how to buy quantity of these. Like I said, I hope I am asking things that a expectable to ask on a forum. Thank you in advance to anyone that can help here.
Sincerely
John
Welcome John
From My understanding the straight plugs are old stock and no longer have epa certs (although they can still be purchased and used)
and the slant heads are new stock, all are being made that way now
But I don't know everything and I'm sure others will chirp in.