Suzuli K10 fork watch/warning

GoldenMotor.com

d_gizzle

May 29, 2012
ARDMORE,OK
I know that scotto,it was when bbb called it a gooseneck that the confusion set in. I know as you can read from the posts in this thread that a stem and gooseneck are the same thing on threaded forks. On threadless its a headset,right? Or is that the first big name threadless stem,Aheadset?

bigbutterbean

Jan 31, 2011
Lebanon, PA
The K10's have a smaller threaded hole at the top of the steerer tube to bolt the triple tree clamps to, idk how you would fit a stem or a gooseneck or whatever down that small hole. I guess if you drilled it out, then you could stick a stem down in it, but I see no reason to.

5-7HEAVEN

Aug 2, 2008
You can see that the hole is too small to accept a stem. I am unable to see that.

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
I know that scotto,it was when bbb called it a gooseneck that the confusion set in. I know as you can read from the posts in this thread that a stem and gooseneck are the same thing on threaded forks. On threadless its a headset,right? Or is that the first big name threadless stem,Aheadset?
Yes, stems used to be called goosenecks.....same, same. Headsets are headsets and can be for threaded or non-threaded steerer tubes. Top crown (clamp) on Suzuki fork can be reamed to accept threaded stem using threaded headset. Save that shiny chrome bolt from Suzuki fork for a rainy day ;)