Deep Purple......

GoldenMotor.com

Salty Gator

Aug 3, 2009
Florida
Hey all y'all......been a while since I posted anything....haven't been inspired.....until now....
I bought a motorized bike off Craigslist that was in pieces in a big ol' box....got it for two hundred.....( of course after careful viewing ).....low and behold.....I made a steal.....an old Schwinn Pantera frame....painted " Deep Purple "....full chrome fenders....and somewhere along the line someone installed mountain bikes forks painted the same color....with tabs for a disc brake...which were included...it's a simple 49cc motor....nothing special....cruises at about 25.....but very comfortable after me replacing the seat .......I swapped out the exhaust with one I had laying around....rebuilt the carb.....this and that...this and that.....I'm not done with it yet......but so far it's fun as **** !.....and is very safe....the brakes are AWESOME !.....here's some snaps of said bike.....I need some feedback....open to suggestions.....but not anything obnoxious like from Norm.......

Thanks,
Salty.shft.

Attachments

corgi1

Aug 13, 2009
KCMO
Nice looking bike,that said ,keep a close eye out for fender failure or read the threads on them and beef them up,and threads on chain idlers also

Salty Gator

Aug 3, 2009
Florida
Smoke on the water, and fire in the sky!
That's sharp looking ride you got there!
Much obliged GearNut......still need to put my signature on it....thinking chrome sporty shorty fenders.....chrome tank and chain guards....replacing the gummie bear tires with some cross treaded street tires like I have on The Black Dog......painting the head and clutch cover-magneto-drive gear casings in black.... heck I dunno.....but it's gonna be fun doing it !

Thanks,
Salty.shft.

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
I like it the way it is, but yeah you've got to make it yours. I sure like that front fork idea and disc brake no less. About when was that bike made? Nice find for sure.
SB

Salty Gator

Aug 3, 2009
Florida
all these suggestions rock y'all ! Wheels are turning in my head already ( and yes that was an intended pun )...LOL !

Thanks,
Salty.shft.

Salty Gator

Aug 3, 2009
Florida
I like it the way it is, but yeah you've got to make it yours. I sure like that front fork idea and disc brake no less. About when was that bike made? Nice find for sure.
SB
I couldn't tell you SilverBear ....it has some newer components like the brakes and some older ones like the engine and clutch handle ( which is the old style Russian design )....but if I had to guess I'd say about 4 years ago......by the first owner....then another owner put the forks and brakes on and maybe painted it that cool color..sold it...some other owner tore it all down and sold it to me in a big box.... LOL...but for $200....I got a great deal on it...I just had to assemble all of it.....I took my time and it was two days to do....

Thanks,
Salty.shft.

Last edited: