Question for NORM,PABLO or anyone who knows

GoldenMotor.com

jf30cp

Jun 23, 2008
got my new whip all together today! ran it for about 3 miles.. runs good. here is my question.. is it safe to ride to work in the morning? about a 5 mile ride. i ask this because the break in is very important and i dont want to screw it up. spooky tooth say no longer then 10-15 min and not more then half throttle for 4 tank fulls, would i be puching it?
jeff, Bend oregon:confused:

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
What we say around here is to vary the throttle. I rode mine half throttle most of the time and went full to climb the hills then right back to half.

You should be able to do five miles in just a few minutes. You most likely will be doing over 15mph even at half throttle. Personally I never go much over five miles anyway, but I would say ride the bike just take it easy.

However you should wait for a second opinion.

thatsdax

Feb 22, 2008
www.thatsdax.com
Spooky tooth is right.. Run 10 mins, let cool 10 mins. Do this for the first 5-10 rides.. Use natural 2 stroke oil for Break in. Then switch over the AMS oil synthetic there after for a good long life. Mix 35:1 with the synthetic. Check often on new motors for fresh air leaks.. Enjoy the ride...

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
I dont think they meant the first 4 tanks of gas... But then I bow to the experts. All I can tell you is how I rode mine. It was the advice I got and took. I have been riding the bike about eight months and it seems to be fine. Most of my rides are less than five miles and take me less than fifteen minutes to do. So it never was an issue with me.

But like I said get the second opinion and now you have it from someone who should know. (not me)