Hello from Long Beach Calif.

GoldenMotor.com

Jim C

Jul 11, 2010
Long Beach Calif
This is my first post. I am new to the forum. I am a retired tool & die maker with a long background in restoring classic British motorcycles. I have had a love of bicycles since I was a kid. Now as an old guy I have a restored sporty car to play with. I have a couple of electric bikes that have been a disapointment to me. I am in the buid process of setting up a gas engined bicycle. I am using a Schwinn Jaguar (nice enough a bit short between seat & stem). At one time I had a Wilderness Energey electric motor kit on it. I also have an EGO electric scooter. A really nice older 12 speed road bike. I am no longer a motorcycle rider, racer or builder. Just an old guy who likes bikes & motors.

Jim C.laff

Jim C

Jul 11, 2010
Long Beach Calif
Thanks for the note Dan. I don't know if I am a fan of the Jaguar or not. I find it to be a very marginal bike at best. The shifting is poor and the ergonomics have never been to my liking. I have changed the cow-horn bars to old fashioned paper boy bars to strech out a little more. It is too close bar to seat ratio.

But with a motor the shifting will not be a problem, and maybe the short stem to seat ratio can be overcome.

Jim C.