Hello From Chatel, France

GoldenMotor.com

Chatel Mike

Apr 7, 2010
Chatel, France
Just thought I'd say hi. I'm currently living in the French alps where I work as a mountain bike guid. I have been looking around the internet for some time at various options for building a motorised bicycle. I have now settled on a Leopard cat cruiser as my bike which is on it's way but I am having trouble deciding which engine kit to buy and where to get it. I seem to be having trouble making contact with anybody in the united states who is willing to ship. Hopefully my bike will be here soon and I can get to work!
xct2

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
Welcome to the forum Mike, glad you joined us.

Keep us posted on your build and hope you find a vendor thats willing to ship to you.

Chatel Mike

Apr 7, 2010
Chatel, France
So I have bought An F80 kit from ThatsDax. Hopefully this will be on it's way in the next few days! my Leopard arrived today which is cool. Some of the parts are a bit plastic but I'll replace them when i start my build. My thoughts are to build something on a board track theme. With drop bars, white tires, big leather saddle and a hand made split fuel tank. Also change things like the gear selector for a chrome vintage choke lever and remove the front brake (it has a rear coaster also) and put a chrome clutch lever on etc.

I'll post pics of my bike when I've worked out how to do it!!!

xct2

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
Sounds like you're moving along. I'm wondering why you want to remove he front brake? Both a rear coaster brake and something up front are a good idea even for just a pedal bike and especially for a motored bike since you will likely be going faster. If the pedal chain jumps or breaks there is nothing to stop you. Something to think about...
Yes, send pictures when you can.
SB

Chatel Mike

Apr 7, 2010
Chatel, France
Not sure if they are still legal here. There are Petro assisted bicycles on the road with no plates. I don't know if anybody has seen those bikes with the motors that drop on the front wheel? there are still a few of them here. It may just be an insurance requirement. I'm not too bothered re road use. I go to alot ofr volkswagen festivals so I'm mainly building it for getting around show grounds. So something custom would be cool. The reason I'm removing the front brake it that it is a V brake which doesn't fit with the style I'm building. I'm thinking about a front drum if I can get something. I take the saftey point though.