CDI to sparkplug help?

GoldenMotor.com

Ieataxolotls

Oct 27, 2009
Australia Melbourne
Hey everybody,
im not sure if i posted this in the right section but can some one help me or link me to a thread that shows me how to rebuild the black connetor thing to the spark plug?,

i was ridding and when i came home i saw it was loost and it just feell apart, hope the picture works, these two things fell out.

Am i missing anything? and how to fix

thanks

.shft.:-||

Attachments

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
Think yer prolly referring to the spark plug cap?

If so - yeah, it's a total POS and needs be replaced, even if you could put it back together - it'd just fail again. Fortunately, it's simply screwed on - there's what looks a heck of a lot like a wood screw in it, simply hold the wire itself and twist the cap assembly counterclockwise to unscrew it. It may seem a weird way to connect it but it's common on many small engines and quality replacement caps are easy to find. Some larger engines use a lil sharp pin inside and a tight press fit - so check what yer buyin' ;)

An auto parts place might be limited to sets of 4, 6, and 8 for somewhat obvious reasons - check yer local motorcycle shop and lawnmower repair centers for just one. The wire itself is surprisingly good with a generous amount of copper wire in it - so I'd keep that on there if ya can (it unscrews from the CDI "black box" as well if you do need to change it).

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
np man - glad ya got it fixed and are ridin' again!

I'd still replace that junky cap when ya get a chance ;)