April Fools' Jokes

GoldenMotor.com

5-7HEAVEN

Aug 2, 2008
Did anyone play any April Fools' jokes on their co-workers/friends/family today?dance1

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Yeah,
Mother Nature played a great one on me...2 and a half hour drive from work (40 miles)...in a snow storm today...lots of laughs. Needed 2 glasses of wine just to come down from the excitement when I finally got home. 'Global Warming' my arse...
Tom

5-7HEAVEN

Aug 2, 2008
I rode "The Dragon Lady" to work and arrived before starting time. I answered the first call; my co-worker called in sick. Less than 5 minutes later she sneaked up on me at my desk.

It was an April Fool's joke on me.

The boss hadn't arrived yet, so we decided to pull a fast one on him. We placed "sick leave" and "vacation leave" markers on all co-workers check-in whiteboard except for two. THEN I bundled up 1,000 pages of documents from the shredding box and placed them in his "In tray".

When boss arrived my co-worker told him everyone called in sick or emergency vacation. My co-worker and I were gonna work in the field. The receptionist didn't show up;we told the boss he'd have to be the receptionist for the whole day!

Boss said he was leaving for doctor's appointment in three hours. He was pretty cool-headed about everything, said we'd have to work with whomever was here. He'd farm out receptionist duties to another unit.

Then everyone jumped out and yelled "April Fool"!

He was a good sport. What had bothered him were those 1,000 documents. He thought they were for real and was poring through them at his desk. :-||

5-7HEAVEN

Aug 2, 2008
This morning I called my son and daughter at home. I told them to help me play an April Fool's joke on their mom. They were for it, but said she'd get very upset.

I told my daughter to fill out one of my checks and address it to her mother.

The check amount was $20,000.00.

Knowing my wife, I knew she'd try to cash it if she could. My balance and line of credit was less than $20G's so I knew I was safe.

I told my son to fold the check into four parts towards the center, then write "April Fool!" across the back of the check. He placed the check in the envelope, along with a note to call me.

The wife called me at work this afternoon. She took the joke very well.

Her last words were "I'm off to the bank".dance1