Push Trailer

GoldenMotor.com

Michigan Mike

Dec 9, 2008
Michigan
What engine and drive system are you thinking of using?scratg
Hi 5-7HEAVEN,
I was thinking something simple like just adding a friction drive on this. (I believe you mentioned the same thing.?)

Sounds like it might work ... but I'm no engineer. Not sure how safe it would be since I don't know what stresses might be involved ... just couldn't resist mentioning it for discussion purposes.

Happy New Year!

5-7HEAVEN

Aug 2, 2008
Hey Mike,

Rear friction drive would be the simplest and easiest. If you do it yourself with a weedwhacker/chainsaw/edger motor, it can be as cheap as $100 or less.mbcsb.

If you use a new Staton with Subaru or Honda 50 engine, installation is less than two hours but cost is $499-$769, not including shipping.

Whatcha going do, climb hills or ride flat ground?

How fast ya wanna go, 20mph or 30mph?

Last edited:

Michigan Mike

Dec 9, 2008
Michigan
Hey Mike,

Rear friction drive would be the simplest and easiest. If you do it yourself with a weedwhacker/chainsaw/edger motor, it can be as cheap as $100 or less.mbcsb.

If you use a new Staton with Subaru or Honda 50 engine, installation is less than two hours but cost is $499-$769, not including shipping.

Whatcha going do, climb hills or ride flat ground?

How fast ya wanna go, 20mph or 30mph?
Hi 5-7HEAVEN,
Sorry for the delay in answering your post ... I thought I had replied already but I don't see it here in thread.

Mainly I just want to geezer-around my little town. Not much in the way of hills here and the roads are good two-lane blacktops. Top speed of 15-20 would be OK with me.

Actually I'm just about certain that I'll be going with a Stanton friction setup w/ 35 Robin/Subaru 4-stroke no matter which bike I end up with. I've only heard good things about this rig.

Thanks again for your input ... much appreciated.
.trk

5-7HEAVEN

Aug 2, 2008
Mike, I've been thinking...

You're only asking to go 15-20 mph. You don't really need a trailer.

All you need is any 2-stroke engine, 7/8" roller and friction drive on your rear tire..bld.

Doable for $100 WITHOUT the trailer.