Dual Clutch Engine Kits

GoldenMotor.com

VermontCruizer

Jun 17, 2009
Vermont
Does anyone have any experience with the dual clutch engine kits? Are they wider then the usual 2 stroke kits? If so do they interfere with the pedals? Is the dual clutch a reliable system? Any opinions on the dual clutch kits would be appreciated. Thanks.

rohmell

Jun 2, 2010
New York
By 'dual clutch' do you mean the type on engine that has both the manual clutch and the centrifugal clutch?
I have the centrifugal clutch kit installed on my engine, and it works perfect. All my future builds will have a centrifugal clutch installed.

Fulltimer

Aug 13, 2010
Saint Augustine, FL
By 'dual clutch' do you mean the type on engine that has both the manual clutch and the centrifugal clutch?
I have the centrifugal clutch kit installed on my engine, and it works perfect. All my future builds will have a centrifugal clutch installed.
What type and where did you get your clutch?

Terry

rohmell

Jun 2, 2010
New York
What type and where did you get your clutch?

Terry
I bought my centrifugal clutch kit from ZoomCycles:

http://www.zoombicycles.com/eShop/P...entriclutch-Addon-Centrifugal-Clutch-5-3.html

I am very happy with it, it works great.
In my area, there are stop signs on every block, and using the manual clutch became a pain after a while, and I rode it less and less, in favor of my friction-drive bikes.
After installing the CF, it is a joy to ride again, and is now my favorite bike to ride.

rohmell

Jun 2, 2010
New York
Does anyone have any experience with the dual clutch engine kits? Are they wider then the usual 2 stroke kits? If so do they interfere with the pedals? Is the dual clutch a reliable system? Any opinions on the dual clutch kits would be appreciated. Thanks.
I installed the wide pedal kit, so I have clearance, but yes, it makes the engine a little wider, I'm sorry I don't have any spec on how much.
If you have a one piece crank, you can always heat it with a torch and bend it out to clear:
Crank before:
crank before wide.JPG
After bending:
bend crank to make wide.JPG