things you like to see made for motorized bicycles

GoldenMotor.com

jdmpunk

May 4, 2009
ohio
Re: things you like to see made for MBs

ive been working on one for the vtwin with a couple mods i think it would fit the china girl

spit_fire

Aug 28, 2009
Brampton

man you got some neat stuff on your site and you guys have some awsome skills, wats with the special clutch is it for sale? and how much better is it than the stock

Tacomancini

Mar 18, 2010
Pittsburgh

The city Pittsburgh is quite a hilly city. My bike is my work commuter, so top speed is less important than low end torque and reasonable engine noise. So anything that improves stop and go performance In traffic would help a lot. The expansion chambers seem a bit more for those looking for higher end performance. I know they help torque but the added noise (causes ear ringing and cop attention), heat and potential for leg burning doesn't seem like it's quite right for city commuting. An exhaust more tailored at the low end torque but that is smaller in profile, quiet and long, exiting the back of the bike would be awesome. Like a cross between a expansion and a poo poo pipe.

I guess another way to accomplish that would be variable or two gear on the left side that freewheeled. Peddling still comes in handy during stop and go traffic and looking for places to park on sidewalks , public bike trails etc so removing the drag of the engine would be nice.

I know often folks recommend a jackshaft solution, but the 44t is perfect except for when I'm stuck at stoplights going up a hill. I just need a little exta oomph for the starts. Maybe your improved clutch design would do the trick. It just seems like a more moderate peformance exhaust is a void in the offerings currently.

Last edited:

Kevlarr

Jul 22, 2009
Mi

A bolt on alternator (capable of putting out about 10w of power at either 6 or 12v) that runs off the clutch gear.

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.

A internally geared left side drive hub. I would just use a rag joint on the right side for peddle purposes. No J shaft needed at that point! That will make a guy rich for sure!

jezusjonz

Feb 26, 2008
Indiana

I'd love to see a split hand brake with two levers one long to be used by my last 3 fingers middle to pinky and one short to be used by my first finger. The long one would be used on the back brake and the short one would be used for the front. That way you'd have better control instead of hitting both at once.
Terry

Allen_Wrench

Resident Mad Scientist
Feb 6, 2010
Indianapolis

I'd love to see a split hand brake with two levers one long to be used by my last 3 fingers middle to pinky and one short to be used by my first finger. The long one would be used on the back brake and the short one would be used for the front. That way you'd have better control instead of hitting both at once.
Terry
I love it. Somebody take this idea and run with it. I would if I had a machine shop. Somebody make these and I'll buy one! Nice idea man.

Sgt. Howard

Sep 28, 2010
Okanogan, WA

Terry
... rather like the two triggers in a double barreled shotgun? I see them as having two different fulcrums, or the long one has a cut-away handle to allow the short one to operate independantly. Hmmm... either way, it can be done... I need to fire up my milling machine and see what comes out of it...
the Old Sgt.usflg