things you like to see made for motorized bicycles

GoldenMotor.com

tommyboy1442

Nov 25, 2009
chicago
Re: things you like to see made for MBs

custom good looking motor mounts with offset for fat tires. the ridley mount is too expensive,the ampt mounts are nice and offset but only fit felt frames,how bout a mount like that for curved downtubes. jims motor mount seems to be the best bet, cncd with vibration inserts and a great price,but it isnt offset. also lets see some billet connecting rods...

dv8cam

Dec 15, 2008
Los Angeles

Custom builders who answer their emails & sell you what the claim they are going to sell - lol.

michaelgrav

Sep 14, 2009
sf bay area

I would like to see more work on the jack shaft assembly ( one piece frame to hold the assembly) and an electrical and ignition system. I am not big on a one speed bikes because to be reliable on all terrains you definately need gears unlike many bikes out there today including the whizzer. I think the size of the displacement of the 66+cc is not the problem but what is needed is a better ported and breathing 2 stroke similar to the Morini. Adding too much power on a bicycle can be dangerous unless we build a well balanced frame that can contain the vibration and give a smooth ride!
I ride everyday rain or shine and as well as flat roads I climb up some pretty steep terrain!

Attachments

mpr455

Jun 27, 2009
lombard il

we can do con rods. i would make them from 7075 billet and would possibly have an arp bolt like what's used in a race car engine. someone send me a drawing of what you want. let's see what we can come up with. a side note is that con rods are difficult to make correctly and you have to watch your weight as compared to the stock rod. rotatating weight(big end) and recipricating weight(small end) must match the stock rod or a balance issue could occur. something to think about-big mike

Gareth

Dec 8, 2009
Floriduh

Here is a real simple one. Small frame rear motor mounts with PK bolt spacing. Right now I use grubee rear mounts and oval the holes to fit. This leaves very little cast china aluminum on the sides when clearanced to fit the PK engine case. If you do not match the rear mount with the down tube diameter you end up with broken studs. I suspect this is why we have so many cases of broken mounting studs on this forum. An 1/8" thick shim for the front mount would be nice as well, but isn't nearly as important IMHO as the rear fitment.

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.

I would like to see a rear shifter hub like the NuVinci with a 'fixie' sprocket to use with a SBP shift kit so that the bike will have 'engine braking' & not just 'free wheel' when you let off the throttle.

Cabinfever1977

Mar 23, 2009
Upstate,NY

How about a carb that actually has a bigger lip on the end of it,theres almost no lip on the bottom where you would clamp a airfilter on and a clamp would just come off plus any gas that does come back out of the engine and into the airfilter leaks where the filter and carb go together.

How about carb slides that can use a regular size bike brake cable instead of special throttle cables.

How about exhaust manifolds without mufflers,just like the intakes but so we can connect our own pipes and mufflers to the end.

How about chain tensioners that go from bottom of bike frame to the top of the bike frame,like the stock but much longer with clamps,then they can be cut to fit diffrent bikes.

And how about top mounts for these engines,why only 2 mounts.

Last edited:

OleSkool

Dec 19, 2009
West WI

I think a simple chain tensioner as mentioned, dense rubber motor mount spacer kits that can be cut to adjust with longer trimable studs. BTR style wrap over tank, disc brake adapter (bolt on to axel and clamps to multiple fork / frame designs) integated sproket brake rotor? It is endless

OleSkool

Dec 19, 2009
West WI

I was just thinking how about a new mounting kit based on a vertical lifan 100-150cc with gearbox and hand shift!

skipu

Aug 6, 2008
New jersey

timeing shouldent be a problem i could just make a set of offset keys maby 3-10 degrese.
ive used offset keys with my cy and zenoah motors but they scare me a bit they get so thin at the inside corners i was always worried about them but they never broke

sportscarpat

Bonneville Bomber the Salt Flat record breaker
Jun 25, 2009
california

I would like to see a real intake manifold for the CNS carb. Something that is properly ported for the carb on one end and the cylinder on the other end. The stock manifolds are poorly shaped for flow and that stupid plastic adapter bushing on the CNS carb is a joke. Guess I will just have to make my own.

michaelgrav

Sep 14, 2009
sf bay area

I have to agree about the CNS manifold. It was poorly made. I do like the CNS Card my bike runs much better than the with the stock carb. It woulndn't be hard to improve on.

jdmpunk

May 4, 2009
ohio

ive used offset keys with my cy and zenoah motors but they scare me a bit they get so thin at the inside corners i was always worried about them but they never broke
i see your point butt ive never had a problem with them eather. maby i could cut a new key way on the aposing side .