Hi from new guy

GoldenMotor.com

lovehamr

Oct 9, 2009
GA
I'm new here looking around for ideas for an MB. I’ve been into cycling since the early eighties and also ride motorcycles. My youngest son is a serious and successful road bike racer who trains every day. At this point none of his training partners can really push him and I haven't been able to stay with him since he was about 13. He's 17 now and wants to "cat up" to a level where he'll be competing with pros next season. This brings me to the MB, he could benefit from a type of training called "motor pacing." This is meant to allow the trained rider to draft a motor vehicle at speeds equal to, or greater than those that the rider will deal with in a peleton for extended periods of time. With no peletons (groups of riders) here in south GA to train with, this is the next best thing. Plus it lets me build another bike! Aught to be fun to ride to, my Buell is no fun to ride at 30mph. Right now it looks like I'll go with an in frame motor but don't want a little chicom 2 stroke so I've been checking out some of the larger 4 stroke alternatives. We'll see where it leads.

Steve
.wee.

flybytaco

Metal Molding Madman
Oct 17, 2009
seekonk MASS
Hi Steve. Welcome to the sight I'm new here too. I am the same way I've wanted a motor on a bike since I was 12 and burned out my eyes welding with no mask trying to mount a small 2 stroke to a bike (unsuccsessful) lol I Have a cr 250 and an ns 50 and just recentley baught a engine kit. 2 weeks ago I bought a grubee starfire 50 and just didnt like it so I bought a jet 80 saturday and so far I love it.. It pulls hard and gets up to speed fast mid 30's I'd say. I'm going to use my starfire to try some tweaks head milling and small stuff and see if i can play with it on another bike.. anyways I cant wait to use it next year at NH int speedway they have a roadracing series there and will use it as my pitbike let us know how you make out..

Rick

Last edited: