what did you do to your motorized bicycle today?

GoldenMotor.com

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
One day, when I finally get down your way, you can ride it to see how it compares to some of the other exhaust systems. My high tech butt dyno gives it favorable stats...........:D
LOL........!

I use my butt dyno (seat of pants experience) for everything I do to my bikes, if it make a noticeable difference I say so and if it dont I say so and if it make a good difference I keep it and usually duplicate it on another bike, my cloud 9 seats are one of those things and Kenda makes a particular tire that I really like also so I have a set on tow of my bikes, I've lately grown very fond of the comfort of having the ape type bars on my bikes that let me sit up straight and cruise with more comfort so now I have the mini ape bars on three bikes and fixing to put taller bars on the Huffy karaoke bike also.

My exhaust set ups with exception to the Huffy are all pretty loud, but I plan to do some more experimenting in the near future with a couple of new pocket bike chambers I bought last week, got both of them in now and I'm hoping I can make something that performs good and lets the engine breathe well enough to keep a good top end speed, maybe some day when you make it down this way I'll have something done up the way I want it and you can test it and tell me if it was worth my effort or if I went to a bunch of trouble for no good reason....LOL!

Map
.bf.

sactownie

Jul 20, 2013
sacramento ca
I have not rode mine in about 2 months because of health problems and I found out that gas/oil mix will go bad in that amount of time. Motor barely would run so I drained all the gas out of the carb and tank and mixed fresh fuel and she fired right up and runs even better then I can remember from the last time!
Wife wants me to not ride it anymore and sale it because of the blood thinners I am on, she thinks im going to wreck and bleed to death but hey I got to have some sort of fun.

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
I made a Clock out of one of the chain wheels I took off an M/B today looks cool neighbor thought so too gave me $30.oo for it He! He! He!

sactownie

Jul 20, 2013
sacramento ca
How about using road rash protection? I completely understand the need of riding for fun.
Yea I suppose If I wore pants instead of shorts. I really hate wearing pants when riding because I have a shift kit bike and I ruined a few pairs of pants getting the pant leg stuck in the crank gear even with the guard in place that sick bike parts included.
I tuck them in my sock now so haven't ruined any lately, I guess Ill just tell her Ill not go faster then 15mph, I made the mistake 6 months ago of having her pace me right after it was broke in and jetted down and she saw I was capable of going 35mph on it.

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
I have not rode mine in about 2 months because of health problems and I found out that gas/oil mix will go bad in that amount of time. Motor barely would run so I drained all the gas out of the carb and tank and mixed fresh fuel and she fired right up and runs even better then I can remember from the last time!
Wife wants me to not ride it anymore and sale it because of the blood thinners I am on, she thinks im going to wreck and bleed to death but hey I got to have some sort of fun.
I'm with you there....I'm on blood thinners now too and have noticed it in minor bumps and stuff.
But....
What's the point of living forever if you have to sit in a padded box to stay safe?
Take BIG bites of life!

Moderation is for monks!
:)

sactownie

Jul 20, 2013
sacramento ca
I'm with you there....I'm on blood thinners now too and have noticed it in minor bumps and stuff.
But....
What's the point of living forever if you have to sit in a padded box to stay safe?
Take BIG bites of life!

Moderation is for monks!
:)
Exactly! I gave up allot of stuff in the last 2 months including beer, coffee, Mexican food , pizza, basically I cant eat anything that tastes really good, (sodium) or drink anything that gives me any kind of buzz so I think I can have a little fun on my motor bike... I do wear a dot approved helmet so at least my head is covered. i am really careful and have good brakes, I am constantly maintaining the bike.

xseler

Apr 14, 2013
OKC, OK
After I live forever, I hope my box is padded ---- hope I have enough that they don't have to use a cardboard box..............though, I guess I wouldn't know.....

xseler

Apr 14, 2013
OKC, OK
Exactly! I gave up allot of stuff in the last 2 months including beer, coffee, Mexican food , pizza, basically I cant eat anything that tastes really good, (sodium) or drink anything that gives me any kind of buzz so I think I can have a little fun on my motor bike... I do wear a dot approved helmet so at least my head is covered. i am really careful and have good brakes, I am constantly maintaining the bike.

Sounds like you need your MB to keep from going total bonkers!!

Mungface78

Mar 11, 2014
Titusville FL.
Took my carb apart because of excessive flooding and what do I find.... Tiny partials of what looks like plastic in the float bowl area. Cleaned that up put silicone around the intake area. I'm positive I've tracked down the flooding issue. When I get off work I will test her out!

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
I alway put a thin skim of either rtv gray or rtv black silicone all the way around intake tube, I push carb onto tube with float bowl pointing outward and then when the carb is seated all the way up on tube I twist carb into place, this willl cause the thin skim of silicone to be forced into the slots between the petals and completely seals them so when carb is tightened down this is almost zero chance of an air leak between carb and intake tube, been doing it this way since my first build in 2009 and never had one leak yet, and as a matter of fact, when I've had to take any of my carbs off, the silicone stays in the slots and then I just slide it right back on and retighten and it is resealed as good as before, I didnt think of this myself and its been so long Icant remember who had told me that they did theirs this way back when I was a new member of this forum but it was someone of the forum who suggested I do it this way because it was an excellent technique to make sure there would not be an air leak in that area, worked great and I've done it on every single china girl I've used the NT carb on since, the gray works great and is virtually invisible because it blends right in with the aluminum color of the carb and once it is set up fuel has no effect on it and unless the carb is leaking never gets any fuel on it anyway.

Just another one of those simple little technique s than can prevent a problem....

Map
.wee.

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Fair enough.
So it (silicone) does have a use.
Yes one of the few..... I does a great job of sealing cracks around the outside of a building if it an area that doesnt need painting and it does a good job of filling small screw holes in a sheet metal roof........

Not to fond of silicone for automotive use or on engines in general though, maybe a dab on the corner of the oil pan and timing chian cover and maybe a dab on the corners on the intake manifold but silicone can cause problem in the cooling system and can plug up a lot of things....

I high tack aviation gasket sealer the best for most applications....

Map

Matheneyr3

Jun 4, 2009
Carolinas
Today was a beautiful day in NC- mid 70'S, mostly sunny. I rode in to work to pick up schedules. 19 miles each way, and the bike ran well- I run a 36 t sprocket, and had a nice cruise speed @ 30 without winding out the Rpm's. Today was a good day-
-Richard

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Today was a beautiful day in NC- mid 70'S, mostly sunny. I rode in to work to pick up schedules. 19 miles each way, and the bike ran well- I run a 36 t sprocket, and had a nice cruise speed @ 30 without winding out the Rpm's. Today was a good day-
-Richard
Excellent.... wish I could ride today.... 80's here in central Texas....

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
I alway put a thin skim of either rtv gray or rtv black silicone all the way around intake tube, I push carb onto tube with float bowl pointing outward and then when the carb is seated all the way up on tube I twist carb into place, this willl cause the thin skim of silicone to be forced into the slots between the petals and completely seals them so when carb is tightened down this is almost zero chance of an air leak between carb and intake tube, been doing it this way since my first build in 2009 and never had one leak yet, and as a matter of fact, when I've had to take any of my carbs off, the silicone stays in the slots and then I just slide it right back on and retighten and it is resealed as good as before, I didnt think of this myself and its been so long Icant remember who had told me that they did theirs this way back when I was a new member of this forum but it was someone of the forum who suggested I do it this way because it was an excellent technique to make sure there would not be an air leak in that area, worked great and I've done it on every single china girl I've used the NT carb on since, the gray works great and is virtually invisible because it blends right in with the aluminum color of the carb and once it is set up fuel has no effect on it and unless the carb is leaking never gets any fuel on it anyway.

Just another one of those simple little technique s than can prevent a problem....

Map
.wee.
purty cool Mapman