Seat shock from pocket rocket

GoldenMotor.com

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
I bought a non-running pocket rocket for parts. The rear monoshock fit my motorbike seat pretty well.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
WB,
That's a cool idea. What do you do, leave the seat clamp loose to get the benefit of the shock? How did you attach the shock to the seat pan? I like it. Thanks for sharing.

I'm interested in your fuel tank too. What is it from or is that one of the oversized tanks available?

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
Exactly 2Door. The seat clamp was wearing out, and would not maintain the seat position no matter how hard I tightened it. Instead of getting a new seat clamp, I decided try a springer seat arrangement.
The top of the shock attaches to the seat with a normal seat clamp. For the bottom I slid a piece of aluminum tubing over the shock (from a non working mini tire pump). The bottom of the alum tube is notched to hold position on the frame. I need to secure the tube to the frame a little better.

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
Oh yeah. The tank is a 3 liter (3/4 gal) tank I got from BoyGoFast. A lot of internet vendors sell them too. It has been a good, trouble free tank.
By the way, the two springs on my seat in my avatar were not functional. Just for looks.

Last edited:

cannonball2

Oct 28, 2010
Colonial Coast USA.
Thats cool! I did almost the same thing on my Mini build. The seat post is adjustable by loosening the nut and sliding it. Being double sprung it rides great.

Attachments