Intro & Looking to buy

GoldenMotor.com

FarmerG

Dec 16, 2011
Central MN
Hey there. I'm a dairy goat farmer & cheesemaker. Looked for a cheap, green and cool way to commute from home to the farm to the cheese plant (6 miles) and found motorized bicycles.

Wish I had time to build my own but not possible. So I'm looking to buy a complete project in Minnesota, would go out to WI/IA/Dakotas for the right one. Any suggestions? Or advice for a newbie?

Thank you-

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
Hello FarmerG, Welcome to Motorbicycling.com glad you joined us.

If you are looking to buy a complete bike try making a "Wanted to buy" post in the Swap And Shop - Motorized Bicycle: Engine Kit Forum forum. And take a read of the other post in the swap shop there might be someone offering a complete bike for sale.

Many vendors offer complete bikes as well, check out some of the sponsors of the forum.

Keep us posted on what you decide and if you change your mind on building one, you have came to the right place. We have awesome members that are willing to help you out with any advice you may need.

porch lizard

Nov 7, 2011
Scarville, Iowa
FarmerG... Welcome to the forum! It sounds like you're occupied with plenty of things that need daily attention. I don't want to blow your enthusiasm apart, but even with a
pre-built motorized bike that you can purchase or have made for you, there still is the necessity to maintain and repair these little machines. Some of the scooters/mopeds on the market might be more reliable and cost effective for you. The attraction for motorized bikes, to me, seems to be the building, modifications, uniqueness,customizing, repairing, and of course riding. They can be kept in reliable condition, but unlike a factory warrantied vehicle, that reliability is up to the owner/builder to make sure its going to get you to work and back on a regular basis. Thats the impression I have for the 2 stroke MB's, the 4 stroke guys out there will probably have better reliability stories to tell, but mines a 2stroke, and after 300 plus miles on mine , I'm already waiting one week for parts to arrive. Even so, I enjoy it and have the time to put into it. They're a ton of fun.