custom frame cruiser..honda powered

GoldenMotor.com

Dagwood

Aug 4, 2011
ilinois
No pedals Terry..I put a honda on it..didnt figure I needed them. If I had used one of those cheap china engines..I no doubt would need pedals for backup.
One thing I have discovered however I did not anticipate..the high frequency vibrations Very hiog freq..like ..a barbers clippers on the back of your neck..so yesterday I spent tearing it apart and making antivibe mounts for the engine to isolate the vibes..I used Barry mounts and they worked very well. Smooth as silk now..no tingle butt!

Last edited:

LS614

Dec 22, 2009
CT and MA
That is a very strange look but I like it a lot! Looks like a blast! What kind of speed do you get with that system? Also, is that a staton box? peace
-Luke

Dagwood

Aug 4, 2011
ilinois
Yup..I used the Staton 18.75: 1 gear reduction...18 tooth sprocket on the output. 44 on the hub. Gives a top speed of about 16mph....but the key is..the clutch is fully engaged at about 5 mph...so it goes slow real well, without slipping the clutch..which would be a real problem with a higher ratio for more top end. The Machine is not a commutor..but a "campground bike" so to speak...and seldom will speeds exceed 10 -12 mph...its perfect for the mission intended..and I think the Honda/Staton combo will be pretty well bullet-proof. Which was the top priority anyway..cause my wife will be riding it! Since these pics..I re-did the engine mounting, and have added 3 barry mounts to eliminate the vibration..which I really did not anticipate..pics on that in the "mounting section" . Worked perfectly..just about zero vibration thru the seat, bars and footrests now.

LS614

Dec 22, 2009
CT and MA
very cool, it must be a real crawler with that ratio huh? Climbing any trees? lol Camp ground bikes are great when you're just to tired to pedal so I totally get it :) great job, should last you a LONG time :)