Schwinn Legacy/Predator 99cc

GoldenMotor.com

tigmaster

Jul 17, 2011
ann arbor
Hey Gang!...My name's Tigmaster....I have a new build,and I'm gathering parts...I turned a roller for a friction drive out of aluminum billet...It's just under 2"OD x 2.375"w,with a 5/8".I.D. I've gotta get a clutch for the 5/8" engine shaft,I havent made up My mind whether to go with chain or belt primary...I havent even decided if it's gonna be F/D,or maybe a belt final drive like on the Whizzers ...I really like the F/D build of WayneZ...and so far I've only got just under two bill$ in the build....($99.00 Schwinn from Target and $87.00 for the engine)...Tigmaster....

sbrazil

Mar 21, 2011
Everett Washington
Hey Tigmaster how is your Predator build coming along? I just bought some Predator Engines 99cc and am going to install on Schwinn bikes. Could use some help on a transmission to mate up to the Predator. Any advice would be helpful. I would like to use the Qmatic from EZ Motor bike.

Belair

tigmaster

Jul 17, 2011
ann arbor
Hey Tigmaster how is your Predator build coming along? I just bought some Predator Engines 99cc and am going to install on Schwinn bikes. Could use some help on a transmission to mate up to the Predator. Any advice would be helpful. I would like to use the Qmatic from EZ Motor bike.

Belair
Hi Belair,I have just been poking along on My build,All of My pictures I've taken are to big to post...I need to figger out how to resize them smaller...From now on any pic I take will be smaller so I can do a build pictorial thingie...Me and computers butt heads somtimes....I dont have any info about the Qmatic,just what is on here...as My bike is setup as a friction drive like the Huffy of WayneZ but inplace of the belt primary on His,I used a max-torq centrifical clutch as used on minibikes and a chain drive to the friction spindle at a one to one ratio....I just swapped out My stock pedal arms last night to some that I bent out two inches,now I have full pedal use...still need to set up the tank and twist grip...cant make up My mind...in frame,or out back behind the seat...I think if I put it to the rear,I'll need to use a pump to make the distance...Tigmaster....

sbrazil

Mar 21, 2011
Everett Washington
Hello Tigmaster, I know how these bike builds can sometimes leave us wondering. I have some new leads for tranny from EZ Motorbike Qmatic, it looks as though it will work on the 99cc Predator. A new Mounting plate and different belt and swap out the pulley for an adjustable one and she should be a winner. Well I have three new Schwinn Landmarks to build with the New 99cc Predator. When I get one road tested I will put all the specs and parts on the forum in case anyone might need to build one or two. Up here in WA ST. we have many rolling hills to climb and the High torque 99cc should light their pants on fire with a 62 tooth. that's all for now, keep on making Motorized bikes cause we are going to need them for work and fun too.

Best,
Belair