hello from Tempe

GoldenMotor.com

azdriver

Jun 10, 2010
valley of the sun
been gathering up good info from this forum for awhile now and finally picked up an old ross cruiser to motorize. the bike is solid but the brakes are weak so i've swapped out the old style pads for some kool stops and replaced the old cables. tightening the spokes/truing wheels and swapping out the whitewalls for more modern rubber are the next tasks. ordered a 48cc black case 2 smoke from kings for the powerplant. planning to replace some engine hardware and give the engine a good eyeballing before i fire it up for the first time. i've had many motorcycles and still have a ktm but something about these motorbikes is really intriguing, looking forward to hitting the road soon.

Jim

I have pics but cant post em since im a noob poster

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
Hi AZdriver in Tempe, I am over in the NW valley (by ASU West), welcome.

If you got a motor from Kings it is a 2009 or older.
Only GasBike.net has the new 2010 Grubee's legal in US now.

But hey, a motor is a motor right?
It will let you play ;-}

Seems Tuck-Son is really cracking down on all bikes, including MB's.
Watch your speed there I guess, under 20 MPH, which to me is kind of lame.

It is nice to see you have looked over this forum already for tips too.
If you need more tips you can't find, pot 'em up, this is a pretty friendly place ;-}

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
Nothing to explain really...

The new 2010 EPA regulations passed a year or two ago took effect earlier this year.
In short, no Chinese motors without 2010 EPA specs are allowed in the country, and only Gurbee made the cut, and only gasbike.net can sell them.

Anything you buy elsewhere now is at least a year old.
Heck, even gasbike is dumping their old stuff for cheap too.

That doesn't mean a bad motor, everything I have build is 2009 Grubee's and no real problems, but you can bet you will have dried grease problems with your clutch. There is new topic here for that too ;-}

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
Huh? Kingsmotorbikes.com is just another website for gasbike.net

Kings Motor Bikes
15500 Erwin Street Suite 1065
Van Nuys, CA 91411

Gas Bike
15500 Erwin Street Suite 1065
Van Nuys, CA 91411
Well pardon my mistake if you are authorized to get and sell 2010 EPA certified Chinese motors under Gasbikes authorization.

Cool, same company?
All I can go by so far is my e-mail from Don Gube himself when I asked a few months ago.

Don Grube is the US importer of these Chinese motors, and he puts his Grubee brand on them.

I was pleasantly surprised to get this reply the next morning.

-------
Hi KC;

In 2009 EPA as you know changed the rules for 2010. In co-operation with Motorized Bicycles - Bicycle Motors - Bicycle Engine Kits - Bike Motors - Bicycle Motor Parts we were just now able to receive EPA 2010 certification. It took from Oct 2009 to April 5 2010 to get it. The USA importer must now be part of the EPA certification as well as the China factory. Starting in 45 to 60 days days we will have our first 2010 USA shipment on the water. Prices will of course climb due to EPA wanting an entirely different carb. and muffler modification with an air shield. No Hype.

GASBIKE has the USA exclusive with Skyhawk 2 cycle in 2010.

Cheers from China; Grubee Inc.
Don and Angel;
Remember: Living a compelling life style doesn't have to be complicated, it just has to be organized.

-------

So there you have it verbatim straight from the horses mouth and you are in there too with Kings under gasbike I guess?

Which on-line place to buy and ship the same item is the better deal to me?
If you are the same, what is the difference?
The sites sure look different. That all there is to to it?

To use an old saying from rag papers at the checkout stand 'Inquiring minds want to know' hehehe ;-}

Last edited: