No knowledge, but that doesn't stop me.

GoldenMotor.com

Grighton

Aug 18, 2010
Waynesville, Ohio
Well, hello everyone! New member here, and I know next to nothing. As soon as I saw a video, I knew I had to have one for a cheap, legal way to school and to friend's houses. Here comes the problem: I'm 14, and in Ohio. So with Ohio's bass ackward moped laws, I'm not in a good spot. I can't think of any exploitable laws or loopholes, but I DO live out in the country, in a small, SMALL town, so I think the only way would be to either A) hope I don't get pulled over, B) convince police to let me pass, which will NOT happen, or C) play the part of the dumb teenager and act like I didn't know they were illegal. I can't register my hypothetical MAB, since it's not on the list of approved mopeds. I'll probably just hope I don't get pulled over and stick to the country roads. Anyways, glad I found this website, and I hope to get along with everyone here.

camlifter

May 4, 2009
acme labs marion ohio
hi. another ohio'n here. if you buy a wildfire bike they are on the ohio list, they can be had for cheap used or under 500 new, you can always mod it to your liking and not have much more in it than it cost to build your own. and if you keep the paper work from it you could use it for any future builds. plus they have shock forks and disc brakes. at 14 in ohio you will need to get a motor bicycle or moped drivers license

Grighton

Aug 18, 2010
Waynesville, Ohio
hi. another ohio'n here. if you buy a wildfire bike they are on the ohio list, they can be had for cheap used or under 500 new, you can always mod it to your liking and not have much more in it than it cost to build your own. and if you keep the paper work from it you could use it for any future builds. plus they have shock forks and disc brakes. at 14 in ohio you will need to get a motor bicycle or moped drivers license
There lies the problem. I'd have to register it, and pay insurance, all on a very very limited budget. I don't want to pay that much for something that wouldn't get THAT much use.

Kevlarr

Jul 22, 2009
Mi
Wait, if someone else puts a motor on a bike frame it's ok but if you do it isn't?

That is messed up.