Clutch?

GoldenMotor.com

xzackx

Jun 30, 2010
morgan county, OH
Ok well i finally got my engine put on my bike and got some new chain, took it out for a ride earlier today and i cannot get my clutch to disengage its all engaged pulling the arm by hand wont even let it out its always in drive can someone please help me out ?

FlyingHorse87

Jun 27, 2010
Jeannette, PA
Make sure the clutch cable is pulled very tight before tightening the wire clip. Push the clutch arm back with the cable fed through with one hand and hold it, then slide the clip on and tighten it. The clutch action is alot heavier than expected. I just installed my first engine kit and had the same problem, after the first few runs adjust the clip again because the clutch will start grabbing earlier.

Last edited:

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
What Flying Horse said is good advice. Most new builders will underestimate the amount of pressure needed to disengage the clutch. Push the lever on the engine in as far as you can with your hand and adjust the cable stop so you have no slack in the cable. You'll need an inch or a little more of movement to disengage the clucth. Don't worry, the cable and hand lever can do the job. Just make the cable tight and discard the small spring that came in the kit. Use only the big one because it is a heat shield but the small one is not required and will only increase hand lever force.
Tom

xzackx

Jun 30, 2010
morgan county, OH
yeah i found out that about 5 minutes after i posted,i read its really hard to push so i pushed it by hand and it moved back, and since then ive put about 14 miles on it all day yesterday, but since its break-in i took breaks. thanks for the advice

here is a picture of what my bike looks like near completion i need to get anothr photo of it today i'll post it on here sometime, as of now it has 2 headlights,tail light, brake/turn signal, underglow, and i got some blue tire LED's for the valve caps.

Last edited by a moderator:

meowy84

Jul 18, 2009
Canada
yeah i found out that about 5 minutes after i posted,i read its really hard to push so i pushed it by hand and it moved back, and since then ive put about 14 miles on it all day yesterday, but since its break-in i took breaks. thanks for the advice

here is a picture of what my bike looks like near completion i need to get anothr photo of it today i'll post it on here sometime, as of now it has 2 headlights,tail light, brake/turn signal, underglow, and i got some blue tire LED's for the valve caps.

Heu that's a really nice looking chopper. :)

xzackx

Jun 30, 2010
morgan county, OH
thanks yeah i rebuilt the whole bike after i astroshielded every piece and its needs it again but im not tearing it down i'll just astro it built