magneto coil trouble

GoldenMotor.com

Randog707

Oct 18, 2009
Fairfield,ca
Hey guys,well I'm having a magneto coil issue.My brothers bike keeps going through magneto coils,the magneto goes out then we replacenit with a new then the bike starts up fine then and runs for a few days then the coil goes out agin,and so on and so on,we replaced the magneto ciol 3 times in a month,whats the deal? I thought maybe the cdi was frying out the magneto so we bought a new cdi and still the coil goes out.what else could make the magneto coil keep going out?.Thanks guys for your help.Randy..... oh yeah I also replaced the spark plug aswell.

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
Doooood... there's something wrong that keeps making them short out!!!
Disconect the kill switch & check that the blue wire isn't shorting out anywhere!
You shoud have blue to blue, black to black, & make sure the white wire isn't grounding either... ;)

Randog707

Oct 18, 2009
Fairfield,ca
wow Venice that was a fast response,Is their any problems with just getting rid of the killswitch altogther,the wires are all hooked up properly,this magneto problem is baffling the heck out of me.thanks for your help

Randog707

Oct 18, 2009
Fairfield,ca
Thanks Venice,I'll take it off tomorow and let you know how its running,I really appreciate the help.I'll keep you posted.Randy