Question on possible engine I am thinking of

GoldenMotor.com

kpeter02

Mar 23, 2011
South Dakota
Dear guys...

I was wondering if you could help me think about this engine. I read that people like Rocksolid engines. And I need to make sure this engine will work on my bike as well as if it meets SD moped laws, so that I don't ahve to get a license.

South Dakota Moped Laws

I am looking at this engine: The Rocksolid standard 50 cc engine. The SD laws says the engine should not require clutching or shifting when engaged.

This has a clutch. How do I know if the engine qualifies or not?

Oh. I have a Trek 800.

chainmaker

Jan 19, 2010
Ma USA
Rock solid makes some nice looking engines, that machined head is a beauty!!! but they are in Australia..shipping is going to kill you. I would go with a zoombicycles motor.. lots of people have gotten them and they should be OK with SD laws. Alot of other guys are using the Rawmotors. Save all that shipping charge and buy a SBP exp chamber and billet intake!!
Cheers... Good Luck, and welcome to the forum.

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Dear guys...

I was wondering if you could help me think about this engine. I read that people like Rocksolid engines. And I need to make sure this engine will work on my bike as well as if it meets SD moped laws, so that I don't ahve to get a license.

South Dakota Moped Laws

I am looking at this engine: The Rocksolid standard 50 cc engine. The SD laws says the engine should not require clutching or shifting when engaged.

This has a clutch. How do I know if the engine qualifies or not?

Oh. I have a Trek 800.

Yes, welcome to the forum(^)

Here is a long thread on a Trek 800 build, with 79cc and a centrifugal clutch. Look at the potential your bike has! And Troy (chainmaker) is right, shipping from Australia would break your bank $$$$. His info for you is good.

http://motorbicycling.com/f37/new-build-hf-79cc-trek-24247.html

Cheers!

dnut

Last edited: