Alternative forks

GoldenMotor.com

Seabass

Oct 22, 2016
Colorado
I cant believe no one replied to this...wow that's ugly...are those bungle cords from the rear lever going up to the headset???I've never had the privilege of seeing one of these disasters in person...great find...lol

Do you turn the fork backwards then bolt on??

Last edited:

Chaz

Jun 3, 2012
Vancouver, British Columbia
I can't believe I missed this post originally. They are beautiful. I didn't know there were leading link forks for bicycles. This is giving me ideas.

thanks for posting and bumping

ZipTie

Jan 8, 2016
Mpls Mn
Not sure I trust stuff so close to the tire as failure can lead to very abrupt stops.
Hard to tell from the picture what it is really. Yep looks like bungee cord material.

Ludwig II

Jul 17, 2012
UK
I've shown this pic elsewhere, it's an old Husqvarna fork, but the rubbers are still easily available for speedway and vintage motorcycles.

Mobylette version of the same system

Last edited:

Seabass

Oct 22, 2016
Colorado
You know those Piper cubs that they use as bush planes use bunjies to hold there landing gear. I not denying there strength I'm denying the astetics.

Seabass

Oct 22, 2016
Colorado
None of those forks are like the first one with bunjies wrapped around the headset!!!! Big difference....i just want to see this first fork(thread starter) in person, its fantastically ugly!