Engine options?

GoldenMotor.com

supertrainguy

Apr 11, 2016
Kingsport, TN
Hi, I'm looking to build my 2nd motor bicycle. I got this bike for $99 on clearance.

I was wondering what my engine options are.
I'm thinking I'll go jackshaft since it has disc brakes. That is, if it's even possible to put a motor on it.

It is a 29" wheel bike, seat post is 11" long from bottom of V to top rail. I'm really wanting to go 4 stroke too.

If this is in the wrong section, please move to the right one.

Attachments

kevyleven007

Sep 25, 2008
texas
Bikeberry says on the 66cc whatever it is "The frame should have 9-11” of clearance between the bottom bracket and top bar, and the diameter of the frame tubes should be 25-29mm (around an 1”). 4 stroke says "48cc engine kit is about 9" height 9.5" length 7" width. The bicycle gas engine kit includes a mounting plate that fits on standard 25mm to 29mm frame tube. Larger frame size requires modification to the mounting plate and/or frame of your bicycle.

Flying Horse 5G 4-Stroke bicycle engine kit. Your probably going to have to find out for yourself if it will fit or not. Or you could get an electric kit.

Last edited:
Aug 26, 2015
Overgaard AZ
A guess from looking at the attached pic, rack mount. Judging at eyeball, from the geometry of that frame, nope, nopeity nope. Too much pinch, yah the measurements are ok, but not relevant with the angles present in both top and bottom bars. Look at the bends...

Rack mount, be it friction, belt, or chain drive, don't care a lick about what's ahead of it. I'd imagine an intrepid (read: insipid) individual could easily motorise a unicycle with what's out there now a days. Out side the odd, non conventional bikes, this industry has met and defeated most challenges. Fact is, surprised as I am, bikes are not just for pedaling...in reality that's for the ambitious...

Rack mount dude, it's the easy answer, at most you need a pair of frame stays... About a twenty count with a welder... Grandpa would have charged you lunch, maybe $8? And he'd want to know the story...

Last edited: