Need your advise for this battery powered folding scooter

GoldenMotor.com

elinker

Mar 24, 2016
UK
I always want to give my father a light weight, compact electric scooter which he could use everyday without getting too much hassle about the weight, storage and charging. For the past few years I just could not find one within my budget. Few days ago I come across this one and looks just like the one he wanted. Have anybody seen this before? http://www.efoldi.co.uk/ Please let me know what you think and I am seriously thinking to get one from Kickstarter when it goes live. I can see my farther uses it and take it everywhere in his car. Any advise will be appreciated. the company said it would be aroudn £700 to get it from Kickstarter campaign, sounds quite attractive, any idea?.http://motorbicycling.com/images/smilies/.trlrl..gif

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
Looks pretty slick. My concern would be weight vs. range.
And how hard is it to tow around when not in use?

elinker

Mar 24, 2016
UK
Never try it but looking it via their website and youtube video. Looks quite easy to drag it around as it has two wheels much bigger than suitcase's

Yes agree with you about weight vs range but the attracting point is easy portability.

Thanks for you hep

bluegoatwoods

Jul 29, 2012
Central Illinois
They do have a neat idea for a folding three-wheeler, don't they?

My only worry is that he'll find he has no safe place to ride it. Unless his riding surface is smooth as glass, he'll need to go very, very slowly. Once you start doing that in automotive traffic they'll kill you.

He might get away with riding on sidewalks since it'll look a bit like a mobility scooter.

It's a nice design. I'm just not sure it has any place to operate.

700 Pounds (I'll call that $1050) is a good price, though, if the motor and battery are any good.

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
I think that the e-foldi is a real innovation if it is not too heavy to be loaded and unloaded from the car easily.