ebay 48v 15ah battery?

GoldenMotor.com

cannonball2

Oct 28, 2010
Colonial Coast USA.
I believe you should try to buy from some one in the country in case you have a problem. Ping is a good place to buy(even though the battery shipped directly from China) I bought a LI-Ion battery from Calibike through ebay. Its an excellent battery. 48v 15ah came with a good quality 4 amp charger all for $500 shipped. Rafe tests each battery fully before he ships them, and has been real quick answering a few questions I had via email. Buy what you like but buy it from some one you can actually track down! Heres a link FYI. http://calibike.com/

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
in my research all the cheap battery's on ebay are priced that way for a reason. max discharge and normal discharge is usually low on them and that is where you get you get up and go from, battery's are the one thing i would not try to save a buck or 2 on unless it is a back up one, your main battery stick to a good one. a battery that size should have around 30 to 45a continues and over 60-70a max however it the one on ebay is 20a continues and 30a max. this here is pretty good to learn about battery's http://batteryuniversity.com

cannonball2

Oct 28, 2010
Colonial Coast USA.
My advice is to get a battery with at least 15ah. If hills factor in you will need to pedal a lot to have any decent range with 10ah If that's how you like to ride(assisting) then maybe the 10ah is fine. At the price of decent batteries I would dig into the pocket a bit even if it hurts some to get the biggest/best battery I could. Its the major part of the system, and you only want to by once.

On the charger question most good batteries come with a matched charger. The sellers sometimes offer an upgrade for a few$$ more when the battery is purchased. Most good chargers are in a metal case. I charge my home built batteries with simple SLA chargers but they require monitoring to achieve the proper charge( which I enjoy doing). SO just get a battery with a matched charger and plug n play.

Last edited:

cannonball2

Oct 28, 2010
Colonial Coast USA.
That's an opinion I wont offer because there are many good ones out there. I am very satisfied with the one I linked and would buy another. I like Li-Ion. I have been using Lipos since they first showed up years ago and in the R/C world and am familiar with their requirements. The move is to Lifepo4 that's a good choice also, more forgiving that the other Li batteries. You should have an excellent battery with the Golden unit. As I stated earlier for a high$$ battery though I would invest in at least 15ah.

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
This is the really big rub...

"4.International Buyers – Please Note:
a ) Import duties, taxes and charges are not included in the item price or shipping charges. These charges are the buyer’s responsibility.
b) Please check with your country’s customs office to determine what these additional costs will be prior to bidding/buying. While we will declare lower price and mark as a sample."

Those 'extra costs' not shown in shipping cost can be staggering, a couple of hundred bucks.

I get my big batteries from Paul at http://EM3ev.com
They do a good job and lay all the costs out.

He ships DHL and unless you buy enough product weight it actually costs more to ship one battery and charger than to ship a box of dead weight along with it like this box of Hong Kong magazines that came with my a 2 battery order.

I just went with 3 batteries and chargers for the last order, that tamed the actual net cost per unit down a bunch.

cannonball2

Oct 28, 2010
Colonial Coast USA.
The Ping battery I ordered came expedited air freight to the tune of $85. Customs manifest list the contents as a sample controller valued at $60. Pretty dang heavy controller! Of all the stuff I have ordered from China I have never had an issue or additional charges, just luck I guess. The most amazing thing is receiving Lipo batteries from HK via air freight listed as model engine parts! Totally illegal.

cannonball2

Oct 28, 2010
Colonial Coast USA.
Need to clarify that the Calibike battery is actually LiNiCoMnO2- NMC. I just discovered this. That explains why my pack weighed less than the Ping by 5lbs. Specs and explanation of this chemistry are explained at Battery University. Looks to be an excellent choice for EV batteries.

Lungcookie

Aug 15, 2013
Oregon
Toker_ace, if you have 2 /10ah batteries you can parallel them to make a 20ah battery, probably almost double your range.

toker_ace

Oct 15, 2008
alabama
what if one is a 48volt lipo battery and one is a 48volt Li-ion? also can they be charged together with same charger or seperate?