For Old Guys Only

GoldenMotor.com

xseler

Apr 14, 2013
OKC, OK
I got rear ended Monday morning by a Chevy 4X4 with a bull bar. Initial estimates to fix my car are in the $4600 area + rental while in the shop. Glad the kid's family had insurance!!

A $4 can of flat black Krylon will fix his............

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
KC,

My thoughts are with you and your family during this difficult time.

My family has been battling cancer for a long time now. Back in 2007 doctors gave our loved one only months to live. It has been a very difficult road but with many surgery's and chemo, 9 years later we are cancer free.

Don't give up, keep fighting, keep your spirits up and always get a second opinion.

If you ever need to talk, my PM is always open.

David
Thanks Dave.

When it rains it pours...
Last Friday night 10/14, my son was the victim of a home invasion.
He was badly beaten, robbed of $500 and his cell phone, then shot.
The bullet hit his collar bone and shattered sending schrap metal into his spine.

He is still in ICU and he will live but he'll never walk again, he is paralyzed from the waist down now.

Not a good month for that last 2 Vale men on the planet.

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
Thanks Dave.

The bullet hit his collar bone and shattered sending schrap metal into his spine.

He is still in ICU and he will live but he'll never walk again, he is paralyzed from the waist down now.

I am so sorry KC, breaks my heart to hear this. It saddens me the way humans treat other humans. I hope you and your son and family are doing okay.

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
Had a couple of motor home owning friends come over to talk electric bikes with me and look at the Monark and side car as well as the tri car. They want something to get around on while they are at a camp ground.

While talking about all the possibilities and pointing them towards the forum the conversation drifted towards being old. We're all in our 70's and the usual moaning was going on about age when one of the fellas came up with this gem of thought.

"We have to remember we're not 65 any more."

I was lucky enough to escape with minor scratches and a small bruise when I fell off the small mechanics stool I was sitting on while I held my sides while laughing. The other guy darned near dropped his beer.

Yes, he was serious as a heart attack. He failed to see the humor in it and was more than offended by the laughter.

Steve.

Jumpa

Aug 12, 2011
Cape Cod
Thanks Dave.

So sorry to hear this KC It pisses me off beyond comprehension, The sad fact of the matter is unless you have your hand on your gun when they break in there isn't much one can do without risking it all & if you do have a piece under a desk or something n reach in my state you are now violating the safe gun storage law of " it must be under lock 7 key" .

.UM hold on Mr. home invaders can we put this robbery on hold so I can go get my locked up firearm in my closet, in my gun safe, behind the wall ...

I wish your son had just finished cleaning an AK-47 and test loaded it with a full metal jacket banana mag and racked it, right when this took place.. f#$@%^g scum bags

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
My son was released yesterday and living with us now.
The amount of care he needs is staggering.

He can't feel anything below his tits, that includes his internal organs.
He can't feel if he has a stomach ache or if he needs to take a pee, or if he breaks a bone.

And the medications... jezz, 17 three times a day.
But he's home and being cared for, too bad soo many others just don't have that.

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
KC I don't know what to say, I've only been through that with my mom not a child. I hope and pray that he can adjust to what's ahead of him. Encouragement is a good motivator.

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
KC I don't know what to say, I've only been through that with my mom not a child. I hope and pray that he can adjust to what's ahead of him. Encouragement is a good motivator.
Thanks Greg.
I've got a couple years left so I have time to get my wife and son set to carry on without me.
My poor wife...

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
Jail is to good for the slime pockets that did this to your son. I feel a fitting sentence would be for whoever did it to be sentenced to spend the of their lives taking care of your son in supervised conditions, No days off since there aren't any for your son.

If they outlive your son then they are free to go other wise every minute of their rest lives are devoted to your sons care. Seems only fitting that they do this since they condemned your son to this life.

Steve.

xseler

Apr 14, 2013
OKC, OK
Haven't 'upgraded' the bike in quite a while. Figure it's about time for a little bit of shock and a little bit of disc brakes. Got a donor bike for $50, and thought, "Hmmm, what have I got to lose?"

Attachments

buba

Jul 2, 2010
los angeles
Xseler---hard to talk about your kick stand after reading of KC's son!!! KC just became aware of this.. I do not know what to say..the criminals have got to go...I just spent 2-1/2 weeks attending the murder trial of a friend's son who was murdered by a gun toting climbing the ranks gang member THE VICTUM WAS motorized riding here in LA two and a half years ago... fortunately- the jury got it right -guilty first degree on all three counts ...all so f**ked up and so sad... Sorry my friend-dtm buba

Last edited:

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
Xseler---hard to talk about your kick stand after reading of KC's son!!!
Sorry my friend-dtm buba
Thanks Buba.
A couple of DA were over for a few hours yesterday.

They can take the punk to trial in which case he could get off, and maybe even get bail until his trial.
Or, he can take a plea deal and stay behind bar with a sure outcome.

That is my sons choice but I laid it out in no uncertain terms...
I have ~5 years to live.
If that punk WALKS out of prison while I am still alive he better RUN as fast and as far away from me as he can get because if I see him actually walking it's liable to be his last time walking too.

Slogger

Sep 8, 2014
nohio
Jail is to good for the slime pockets that did this to your son. I feel a fitting sentence would be for whoever did it to be sentenced to spend the of their lives taking care of your son in supervised conditions, No days off since there aren't any for your son.

If they outlive your son then they are free to go other wise every minute of their rest lives are devoted to your sons care. Seems only fitting that they do this since they condemned your son to this life.

Steve.
I think a fair sentence for them would be to have their lives ruined to the same extent as KC's boy's life was ruined.
Maybe a hydraulic press to crush their spines right below the neck.

I'm saddened to hear of this KC, and damn those trash to hades.
There's nothing to say that would make any of this better.
I have two boys (grown) and I can't imagine what this would be like for you and your boy.
Terribly sorry.

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
I think a fair sentence for them would be to have their lives ruined to the same extent as KC's boy's life was ruined.
Maybe a hydraulic press to crush their spines right below the neck.

I'm saddened to hear of this KC, and damn those trash to hades.
There's nothing to say that would make any of this better.
I have two boys (grown) and I can't imagine what this would be like for you and your boy.
Terribly sorry.
Thanks for the well wishes, they do help Slogger, but the aftermath remains, a 26yr old man 'dead' from the chest down living in my home and requiring 24/7 care just for body functions...

The hardest part now is keeping his will to live alive, and trust me folks, this is a hard thing for a parent, especially if it's the only child you will ever have.

Slogger

Sep 8, 2014
nohio
That's awful. Those scumbags are worse than mad dogs. Jail is too good for the likes of them.
Anyway, maybe the bible and Lord Jesus can provide him some peace of mind.
Bless his heart.

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
Hey I just realized I've been a member here for 6 years, dang time flies. For those that don't know the car I restored has been in my wife's family since her great grandmother bought it in late 49. I got it back from upholstery two weeks ago and went to my in-laws house to take them for a ride, my father in-law was around 11 when they bought the car. The four of us cruised all over town, this is one more thing off my bucket list, my father in-law has had some health problems so I wanted him to get to ride in it while he could enjoy it. The reaction he had made all the hard work worthwhile.

Last edited: