Runs great and fast, no idle!

GoldenMotor.com

Cellerx

May 9, 2016
Florida
Probably your clutch is dragging.

When you "disengage" the clutch, it is still rubbing against the pucks. It will still run if your are still pedaling at speed, but as soon as wheel speed drops too far below engine speed, the friction bogs down the engine until it dies.

In a nutshell, with the bike stopped and idling there is too much drag from the clutch for the engine to run. The clutch is not disengaging far enough.

If you keep the throttle open when stopped (or going slow), you give the engine enough fuel to overcome the drag and it will still run. Close the throttle and the drag is too much. The engine dies.

If you are interested in knowing how to adjust the clutch post back here, I would be happy to write up a guide.

Yes how do i adjust the clutch? I appricate the help

exokinetic

Mar 18, 2016
Lake Forest, CA
If you think that's bad just wait a couple more weeks something worse will break.
You know a little optimism won't kill you. All issues, given a true understanding of their nature, can be remedied.

You can work constructively to solve the issues, and help the community as a whole...

...or you could just keep complaining about the problems and see where that takes you.

xXNightRiderXx

Jan 12, 2017
Boise
I had a dragging clutch issue once. Twice actually, but adjusting the clutch cable worked just fine. Now I have missing bearings causing it to momentarily sieze, and that isn't so easy to fix. Please, if anyone has had this problem, either PM me or post on more engine problems.