Bmp chain drive mounting kit

GoldenMotor.com

bikeybikerton

Nov 10, 2016
hawaii
BMP COMBO DRIVE MOUNTING KIT
Does anyone know where I can get this kit or similar one? I think maybe it is no longer made, but I am looking for a similar chain drive kit. I read DAX has them but I cannot find them on the website.
Thanks

Attachments

bikeybikerton

Nov 10, 2016
hawaii
I'snt that just the sprocket that goes on the wheel? Thats not a problem. I just don't know where to get the rest of the kit on top. I guess I could modify a Dax friction drive somehow. I thought DAX sold chain drive's too, but I cannot find them on the website. Here's a bigger picture:

Attachments

bikeybikerton

Nov 10, 2016
hawaii
Thanks. I saw the page there talking about the details.
http://www.staton-inc.com/store/index.php?p=catalog&parent=109&pg=1
Its weird they are not on the site with pictures or option to order them. I'll call them tomorrow. Even though they don't look as cool as a center mount engine bikes, for the money they seem like the most dependable type of set-up. Less parts to go wrong and good in wet weather unlike friction drives.

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
in the bigger pic, it looks just like the standard rag joint mount that all in frame kits use

bikeybikerton

Nov 10, 2016
hawaii
Hi Crassius,
You said this before also:
" it looks just like the standard rag joint mount that all in frame kits use "

That seems obvious to me. Is there something wrong about that?

I was just trying to figure out where to get the top part with the engine and drive pulleys. I'm calling Dax now.

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
Hi Crassius,
You said this before also:
" it looks just like the standard rag joint mount that all in frame kits use "

That seems obvious to me. Is there something wrong about that?

I was just trying to figure out where to get the top part with the engine and drive pulleys. I'm calling Dax now.
sorry, thought you were looking for bottom part

Agreen

Feb 10, 2013
Southeastern GA
I've been using rag joints only, and they work fine when installed properly.
Fact!

I don't know if that exact model or brand is still available, but it does look like the staton friction drive mount. It wouldn't take much to modify it to be a simple chain drive.

bikeybikerton

Nov 10, 2016
hawaii
I called Dax and they do have chain drives . They look the same as friciton drives except instead of the roller, have a gear box and chain.
Thank you Crassius. The guy that owns DAX said the same thing. All he uses is rag joints and he said they work just fine when properly installed. He even said they reinforce the spokes and make the wheel stronger when done properly.

bikeybikerton

Nov 10, 2016
hawaii
Thank also Agreen. I just saw you said they same thing about the rag joints being good. Another part I don't need to be paranoid about!

Last edited: