Who rides to work?

GoldenMotor.com

unior

Jun 18, 2009
Lancaster, PA
Just wondering how many people ride their MBs to work. I rely on mine right now since my 92 laser awd is under the knife. I put 8 miles on my machine per day up and down hills the whole way. It's a real joy to not have to pedal after a 10 hour day of manual labor and the mileage is saving me money!

Retmachinist

Oct 21, 2008
Urbandale Ia
Unior, I don't ride mine to work since I am retired. I noticed your from Lancaster Pa.
One of my best friends in the machine shop transfered to Lancaster about six years ago when the plant here closed. He is still working at the R.R.D. plant in Lancaster.

John

Retmachinist

Oct 21, 2008
Urbandale Ia
Good stuff Lancaster is a decent place to live. I have several friends that work at RRD. Is he a Mbicyclist?
I haven't talked to him for a while but when I do I will try to talk him into building a MB. He might really go for it. He was always kind of a gear head and was really into the sprint car racing when he lived here.
I think he has really enjoyed living in Lancaster. I think he is getting pretty sick of RRD. He should be about ready to retire.

John

Finfan

Aug 29, 2008
Tucson, AZ USA
I try to ride at least 2 or 3 times a week. It is about a 6 mi round trip. However this is my last week so I don't know what my next gig will be. I'm originally from Northern York County BTW. Born and raised just outside of York Haven, across the river from TMI.

drhofferber

Jun 22, 2008
I try to ride at least 2 or 3 times a week. It is about a 6 mi round trip. However this is my last week so I don't know what my next gig will be. I'm originally from Northern York County BTW. Born and raised just outside of York Haven, across the river from TMI.
trying to pay off my gas cards from last year when it was 4.25...8 miles one way...reno,nv...not to many bikes around...helmat, hand signals and have break light...and obey the law...its great....getting those cards paid off...Dennis

5-7HEAVEN

Aug 2, 2008
Now that school is out, I ride "The Dragon Lady" to work every day. That's an 11-mile round trip, rain or shine.

I have twin Mitsubishi engines on friction drive. I've been caught in the rain a few times. The rollers slipped like heck, but it's still a better ride than pedalling a regular bike in the rain.

When the roads are dry, I claim the lane and keep up with traffic, 40mph max speed.xct2

When the roads are wet, I take a slower, safer route.

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
I ride my motor bike to work (50 miles round trip) twice a week.
The 2 stroke China motor requires premix & maintenance, runs reliably.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
I ride my motor bike to work (50 miles round trip) twice a week.
The 2 stroke China motor requires premix & maintenance, runs reliably.
Bender, that's great. My commute would be 80 a day and I think that's asking a little too much from a 2 stroke bike but you're doing 50...Good man:)
Tom

dvddtz

Feb 15, 2009
Gulf Breeze, FL
When I had a job a rode about 15-20 miles a day,to and from work,store etc. Now that im looking for a job,I probably ride 20-40.It is my only transportation for now.But the riding is the best part of my day. usflg brnot

joeblow

Sep 27, 2008
I ride my bike to work, or at least I try to... I have lots of problems, one of which I am about to post a thread about now...stupid thing won't start

saetta

Jul 29, 2008
Central Missouri
I ride to work daily and sometimes home for lunch. Each round trip is approx six miles. My stats: 49cc china-Powerking two stroke, 44T, 26" single speed cruiser, Front suspension & brakes, 30 MPH top speed, 750 in town miles since 08/2009.

DOC BOLM

Aug 21, 2008
Mississippi
My commute is about 25 feet to my office.My wife said not to ride in the house.I try to take one of the bikes out every day for a joy ride.HARLEYS DAD

Pitchfork311

Apr 29, 2009
Tucson, AZ
I ride mine every day to work. 19 miles round trip. I'm sure many of you who work on or arount colleges, the parking sucks. Especially here in Tucson. I work for a company whos offices are on the UofA campus. And in order to park I have to purchase a parking permit. 400$ for a year parking, 3 years ago, it was about 150$. So this last year, I decided to brake my dependencies on fighting those students for parking and save myself 400$ this year and proly more next year. I spent just over 200$ getting my bike up and have since put over 400 miles on it 5-6 gallons, and I love riding to and from work everyday. Best of all, I watch those people I used to fight for parking, very satisfying!

Cabinfever1977

Mar 23, 2009
Upstate,NY
i would ride to work,o wait i dont have a job. everytime i go work somewhere,they either close down or lay people off. i was using a electric bike to go to work and back but it just wasnt cutting it,so when i got layed off i bought the gas engine kit so when i get called back i'll have a ride back and forth, im still waiting,but atleast i have a mb to goto the store and stuff.

Last edited:

unior

Jun 18, 2009
Lancaster, PA
I ride my bike to work nearly everyday along with my brother and a friend, since we all work at the Lancaster Host Resort where you live at in lancaster? im near lampeter...
My work is located near east lampeter park. I live between strasburg pike and lampeter rd. woodcrest dr. Hows that morino engine run?

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
I ride the trip, but it's only about 4 miles or so total even including to and from home for lunch lol

not even really long enough to warm her up. :(

I might be guilty of leaving work early to take the long cut though, my lunch breaks have been getting longer and longer too...