Dry eyes while riding

GoldenMotor.com

cityevader

May 11, 2008
Santa Cruiz, CA
My eyes/contacts get super dry while riding. Anybody got some glasses or goggles that keep the wind out but don't seal so much that they fog up? Oh yeah, clear is a must, would be riding in the dark to work.

Josh380

Feb 13, 2009
Aliso Viejo, CA
I have a pair of clear safety glasses that work quite well. They actually seem to make things appear a little sharper than with my own eyes, and keep all that wind and junk out of my eyes.

cityevader

May 11, 2008
Santa Cruiz, CA
Maybe those great big "Blue Blocker" sunglasses?

I've tried several types of safety glasses, but haven't found any that really fit closely but not fully.

a_dam

Feb 21, 2009
Momence, IL
I agree with the suggestion for safety glasses. You gotta find what fits YOU.
A lot of sunglasses were too dark for me, and some of the snazzy wrap-around ones fit so close that my eyelashes rubbed when I blinked (very annoying).
Wouldn't you know, some $3 Harbor Freight safety glasses are what I'm using now. I swear it's not just because I'm cheap! I have a drawer with a half dozen pair of glasses I bought before I found those.

mvandor

Feb 28, 2009
Springfield, Missouri
you might try some shooting glasses as well- they fit more like sun glasses but will wrap around your eyes to the side a bit more. Enough to stop the wind entirely??? but its a thought

eDJ

Jul 8, 2008
Wayne National Forest
With my contacts I have a small bottle of eye drops I use with them that keep my eyes wet
and lubricates the surface of the eye as a buffer. When I used to ride as a kid during this
time of year when the wind was blowing, I'd get dirt & grit from the street in them and wind up with
"the pink eye" which was infectious and just miserable.

So, I learned to keep a pair of contour safety glasses for riding. I've even used FogX on side
shield safety glasses.

One product I've learned about that works quite well is, Bausch & Lomb ADVANCED eye relief
DryEye/Environmetnal lubricant eye drops. One product I'd advise against is that red eye stuff.
Just my opinion based on my experience with it.

robin

Nov 15, 2008
Penticton British Columbia Canada
I agree with the suggestion for safety glasses. You gotta find what fits YOU.
A lot of sunglasses were too dark for me, and some of the snazzy wrap-around ones fit so close that my eyelashes rubbed when I blinked (very annoying).
Wouldn't you know, some $3 Harbor Freight safety glasses are what I'm using now. I swear it's not just because I'm cheap! I have a drawer with a half dozen pair of glasses I bought before I found those.
I purchased a pair of Bobster's they are like a fully vented goggle - sunglasses or they come with amber lenses as well as clear and are interchangeable in only a couple of minutes. Now my eyes water very little so i can travel longer at high speeds on my Morini. They were only $33 here probably much cheaper there in the U.S.
.brnot

CTripps

Aug 22, 2011
Vancouver, B.C.
I use safety glasses too, a clear pair lives in the frame bag under my tank, and I have a pair styled like sunglasses for nice days. I used to wear safety sunglasses before motorizing too, after I took a bee to the cheekbone just under my eye where my regular sunglasses stopped. (Fortunately it didn't hit stinger-first, it could have been worse than just the splatter). I had to try a few different styles of safety glasses before I found ones that fit me well enough though. Some left too much gap and caused worse problems with dust swirling between them and my eyes, some were too close and (as someone else mentioned) my lashes would make contact.. very distracting.