2 Engines Twice the Vibration?

GoldenMotor.com

recon chris

Apr 28, 2011
pacific grove
I'm thinking of mounting two engines on one bike. They will both be automatic clutch engines of the same type. I was wondering if the lack of linkage between the two engines will cause them to run in and out of ocolation with eachother poably amplifying vibrations?

Ludwig II

Jul 17, 2012
UK
One of the cable splitters (1 cable goes in, 2 come out) used on 2 strokes with an oil pump will have them opening and shutting together. It's just a matter then of small adjustments of them to work absolutely together.

Ted

Apr 20, 2010
Leavenworth Wa.
Recently I saw a show where a guy had 2 V8's in a hot rod, he said his biggest problem was syncing the engines which is extremely important because one engine can/will destroy the other. Now then,,if this would apply to 2 two cycle engines I don't know. he ended hooking up the engines together and were phased to fire opposite of each other.

FWIW Honda used a twin cable throttle control that was controlled by a single cable.

Ted

Apr 20, 2010
Leavenworth Wa.
Well that's true but they have separate drives and are independent of each other.

I do wonder however that if the bike engines were hooked together 180 deg's to each other if vibrations would be canceled out.

Last edited:

rustycase

Gutter Rider
May 26, 2011
Left coast
there's pics here on the board of a side-by-side HT powered bike...
???double trouble???? search might bring it up???
a member built it.
rc