Gears Or Friciton-

GoldenMotor.com

2stroker

Apr 29, 2012
orlando
Im just wandering whats everyones choice gears and clutches or friction drive kits? I own both types and I like both but i have had more reliability outta my friction drive kit but my kit with a clutch goes faster. But only by 5 mph. But on a bike thats alot..hehe

rustycase

Gutter Rider
May 26, 2011
Left coast
I like the chinagirl just because it has the clutch function with internal reduction.

have not yet completed my FD install, but like it a lot for basic simplicity.

I like the A_dam build method very much.
rc

The WayneZ belted FD is also high on my list!

2stroker

Apr 29, 2012
orlando
Ya i had a good time on my china girl to until the bearing wore out and i replaced it with an american made one. its ran great ever since then.. lol..i had to take all my bolts out and replace em and put thread lock on them to. The vibration shook em out. Besides that it was good. My friction kits wheel likes to wear out to. Hit a puddle of water you gotta let off the gas so you dont burn up your tire from the slipping. Besides that its good to go. As long as your not pedaling right!!

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
The only friction drive I ever rode was a Bike Bug. It was very smooth, and very slow.
I did like it very much and wish I never sold it.

I like the way the chain drive in frames look, and they are a bit more of a challenge, plus offer more room for alterations.