Look what I scored for 10 dollars today!

GoldenMotor.com

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
Don't know much about the motor. It may be locked up? I scored a killer Mikuni carb just need to clean it up! Got a tuned pipe off of it. Also a throttle and nice high leverage hand calipers and even a couple drum brakes!. Worst case scenario?

The motor is a 80cc with 5 speeds. Gonna look closer tomorrow. It is nice to have the true Japanese Carb tho(^)

Attachments

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Some people have all the luck. If it'd been me the engine would have been seized, the brakes rusted together and the carburetor full of corrosion and hornets. And I'd have paid way too much for it.
Good find, Goat. How'd you do that?
Tom

MarkSumpter

Nov 27, 2010
Ohio
gotta say it might have been one of the best finds I have run into lately just dont get stung by the hornets in the carb and have to go to the ER for a shot of cortozone...

5-7HEAVEN

Aug 2, 2008
Yeah, but is it shiny and will it take a polish?

LOL, just kidding. Excellent score.

What brand it is? You could use everything for a really fast beast of a MB.xct2

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
Its an 84 model year Susuki DS .The bars are going on my Fathers old Honda Fat Cat. Along with one hand caliper they are both damaged on his bike. He turns his off with the key now we bypassed an old non working handle bar on/off switch. So that will prolly go to him as well.

This bike looks like the Kick start is jammed. Also the fly wheel at the mag side will not move. It is not rusted out there were no hornets. I gotta say tho this pig is one nasty mammoth blob of grease LOL. laff

The carb is soaking in a carb cleaner bucket it looks to be in excellent shape! There is a nice kill switch button I will using on my next Morini bike.

I will have to give this pig a good bath and then take apart the motor. I get the idea from the desert sand and the west mesa this thing came from its prolly the toast with the most. Putting it on the back burner for now. I will report back when I get a look inside.

Mac

Dec 3, 2009
Maine
Goat hearder,
Nice find, the Kick starter pawl engaged could be the reason of the locked up engine, they(the mechanism) should only be meshed while kicking it over, had an old Kaw. with the same issue. Good find, can't find anything like that up here in Maine, maybe a Sled motor or two!!

Mac