I'm still trying to wrap my head around these bikes

GoldenMotor.com

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
I was looking at the golden eagle. But it looks like to do it justice you need to buy the special wheel with the bigger spokes. My guess is it puts a bit of stress on the stock wheels where it is grabbing it so far out from the axle. The best part is you take off the drive belt and your bike is stock (except for the plastic thing on the wheel and the 20 lb motor)
The Golden Eagle is a cool set-up and with the Tanaka 40cc CARB compliant 2-stroke, you're lookin at a 10lb. motor and plenty of power.

give me vtec

Jun 19, 2009
SoCal
I was looking at the golden eagle. But it looks like to do it justice you need to buy the special wheel with the bigger spokes. My guess is it puts a bit of stress on the stock wheels where it is grabbing it so far out from the axle. The best part is you take off the drive belt and your bike is stock (except for the plastic thing on the wheel and the 20 lb motor)
the plastic thing is actually a cover for the auto clutch, belt tensioner, and engine mount.

no need to buy a special wheel, any 26 inch 36 spoke wheel will work. dont worry about breaking anything... it's super solid. once that drive wheel clips on... it's not coming off. you would literally have to rip all 36 spokes out at once to break it or a spkoe. I'm going to go out on a limb and say that kind of trauma would break more than just the wheel.

the power delivery is very smooth and there is very little vibrations with this kit. you must have a sold axle with this kit... no quick disconnect

Last edited:

bitsnpieces

Dec 9, 2010
Melbourne, AUS
A regular 2 stroke 50cc could work; depending on the steepness of the hill, my bike doesn't go up without me assisting it.

The only problem is, if you're just going to start it just before a hill, then shut it off or whatnot, it's quite pointless, unless you plan on having the clutch down to free-ride, whilst the motor is running, and only letting it pull you up on the hills, you're just wasting fuel on the ride.
Of course, if it's a very hilly area, it may work...

Depending on the topography of the bike path you do, it may be better to just ride normally and lower the gears on the hills to make the climb easier, though slower, and just having a motorised bike for fun during your spare time.